Email Marketing Technology Manager
Have you ever had the opportunity to impact the lives of millions of people in a meaningful way and help them enjoy time away with their friends and families building memories?
That is what we do here at HomeAway.com, an Expedia Inc.company. We are the leading vacation rental website in the world with more than one million online bookable vacation rentals. Our mission is to make every vacation rental in the world available to every traveler in the world through our online marketplace and we're committed to helping families and friends find the perfect vacation rental to create unforgettable travel experiences together.
HomeAway is a technology and data-driven company with both becoming an increasingly important part of Marketing and CRM. We have a new position open as an Email Marketing Technology Manager which will help lead the EmailMarketing technology vision and strategy going forward. Our goals is to become best in class for email utilizing new technology with a data driven approach.As the industry leader in the Vacation Rental space – we generate a lot of data. Working side by side with our digital platform team, using this extensive amount of data, you’ll play a major hands-on role in how and what we deliver to our email marketing teams. You’ll partner with different teams, decision makers to understand their needs and goals, and then work with other Engineers andAnalysts to develop creative solutions. Simply put – we want you to be instrumental to HomeAway’s data consumption and insights. No big deal, right?
As part of the Performance and Operations team within Email Marketing, you will have the chance to work closely with all aspects of marketing as well as be working closely with different parts of the Engineering Team. You will have a unique opportunity to manage different marketing technology products, evolving them to make a real impact to the business. You will also have the chance to work with different brands within the Expedia Group as we come closer to sharing different data, technology and best practices.
Our ideal contributor, at a minimum, will be able to:
· Work with our internal marketing, business, product and technology teams to understand objectives, troubleshoot current issues and understand end to end work flows
· Work with internal engineers, developers and technical product managers to scope business requirements and business value to different solutions
· Advanced email marketing technology experience
· Product ownership from marketing perspective
· Communicate and present problem statements, business strategies, hypothesis and results to company executives and stakeholders on a regular basis
- Serve as a resident email technology expert, working in all areas of the platform
- Collaborate with Email Specialists and other stakeholders to build and manage omni-channel campaigns, providing recommendations and utilizing automation best practices.
- Help develop solutions that enhance the overall customer experience and drive business results. Manage the systems integrations, ensuring that data quality is maintained from system to system.
- Prepare training materials and other resources for users and support the long-term adoption of new technologies and integration of campaigns into business processes
- Produce detailed functional specifications based on business requirements
- Troubleshooting into bugs of the email marketing platform
- Own the email marketing platform technologies from a business standpoint
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years marketing experience
- Experience working with email products/marketing platforms
- Experience working with cloud based systems, Looker, Hive, AWS
- Experience partnering with technology teams
· Competitive health and insurance benefits
· Competitive salary
· Annual target bonus or commission
· Paid vacation and sick time
· Vacation rental on a yearly basis (taxable benefit)
· Employee Stock Purchase Program
· Free snacks and beverages
· Frequent company update talks with our leadership team
· Free listing on HomeAway.com
· Electric, adjustable stand-up desk
· Discounted Metro & Rail pass
· Casual dress code
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.