A Cloud Guru is the world's leading provider of online IT education. We focus on providing high-quality, affordable and engaging on-demand video courses to hundreds of thousands of professionals. We help our students learn new skills, gain valuable industry certifications, and excel in their careers.
A Cloud Guru's event team is responsible for the overall strategy, experiential design and execution of all ACG's events. As part of the team focusing on industry conferences, the Events Manager will be responsible for assisting in the planning, execution and management of the below conference needs.
What we are looking for
Your mission as A Cloud Guru's Event Manager is to drive the delivery of our most important events - AWS Summits, AWS re:Invent in Las Vegas, and A Cloud Guru's Serverlessconf in New York!
As part of the team focusing on Industry Conferences, you'll be responsible for assisting in the planning, execution and management of these conference needs.
This is an incredible opportunity for someone who gets a buzz from working on flagship conferences, and who is excited by the idea of working with a leader in the technology community!
From the get go, you'll be responsible for the following:
- Assisting in the coordination of all event logistics; including managing vendor relationships, hotel and travel arrangements, production, signage, budget management and staffing matrices, etc.
- Working with internal stakeholders across the company and with vendors in support of the event lifecycle
- Creatively handling tradeshows, and working independently with a focus on accomplishing objectives
- Interfacing directly with vendors, partners, and customers to provide the highest-level event experience aligned with our strategy
- Ensuring all sponsorship entitlements are fulfilled and that A Cloud Guru successfully meets sponsor needs to ensure the best relationship possible
You'll need to have the following experience to be successful in this role:
- 3+ years of commercial experience managing medium to large-scale industry trade shows both as exhibitor and show owner
- Management/assistant management of flagship conferences a plus
- You need to be a highly creative thinker with good design knowledge and a keen focus on overall event experience
- Proven ability to conceptualize, manage, and execute on the full event lifecycle
- Strong attention to detail and impeccable customer service
- Ability to motivate and influence workgroup members
- Ability to work in a highly dynamic and fast-paced environment
- Exceptional communication skills
- High tech industry experience preferred
Working with us
Our people matter to us. We know everyone has family and friends and for that reason our employees receive 20 days (4 weeks) of leave each year. We understand that time away from work is important and we know well-rested and well-rounded people make better decisions…and ultimately are more productive when at work!
We pay commensurate with experience and we make sure you’re looked after when it comes to benefits.
Our team is spread across the globe - mainly in the US and Australia. Our Marketing and Brand teams work together in Austin, Texas.
For this position we will need you to join our team in our offices in Austin, Texas. We prefer hands on collaboration so this position is not available for remote workers. Unfortunately we're unable to sponsor people into the US at this time.
We are a fast-growing team with big ambitions. We need people who can help us build a solid foundation for the future. If you want to make a difference in a fast-growing team, now is the time to join.
Read Full Job Description