Event Marketing Intern
Spredfast is seeking a smart, ambitious and motivated person for the Event Marketing Intern role. The main focus of this position is to assist in the development and management of the events and marketing programs that promote the Spredfast brand and drive demand. The Marketing Events Intern will report to the Events Manager and collaborate on event plans and executions.
Overall: Assist in planning of Spredfast’s SmartSocial Events: SXSW Social Suite, SmartSocial London, SmartSocial New York, SmartSocial Summit.
Assist with on-site event logistics for Summit (November 5-7), including, but not limited to:
- Assist at the Registration Desk
- Oversee gift table setup and restocking
- Volunteer check-in
- Onsite logistics coordination
Assist with pre-event operations including, but not limited to:
- Management of inter-office communications platform: Sharefast
- Assist in updating event presentations for internal communications
- Research and scheduling of vendors
- Assistance with volunteer coordination
- Management of event swag, including organization, shipment tracking, and research
- Development of event documents including contact lists, production schedules, layouts, inventory lists
- Make recommendations to the team on new vendors and tools
- You are passionate about corporate event planning
- You have the availability to work a majority of Saturday, November 3 through Wednesday, November 7
- You can dedicate a minimum 15 hours per week in the office, and up to 20 if available.
- You have or are working towards a degree in hospitality, marketing, business, communications or a related field.
- You have previous experience in event planning or marketing (personally or professionally).
- You are focused on details, highly organized and have proven project management skills.
- You work efficiently; you are dependable and can work independently and interdependently.
- You can multitask without missing a beat.
- Your creativity can be seen in the work you’ve done.
- You love social media and stay on top of the latest tools and trends.
- You are a research pro! You stay on top of industry and event trends and know how to find the latest and greatest event vendors and venues, not only domestically, but globally
- You have a sense of humor, positive attitude, and ability to work the long hours the job may require at times.
- A plus, but not required: You are familiar with Google Suite, Slack, EventBrite, Bizzabo, Marketo, and Asana
The Perks at Spredfast
- An incredible work environment – fun, casual, fast-paced environment with endless ping pong
- A #freesponsibility work culture that values #awesomeness and #teamswork
- Swank offices in the heart of downtown Austin
- Fresh, healthy lunches catered four days a week
- Unlimited snacks and drinks
Spredfast is a social software company and platform, headquartered in Austin, Texas with offices in New York City, London, Hamburg, and Sydney, that seeks to connect every company in the world with the people that they care about the most. Spredfast’s “Smart Social” software enables companies to manage, integrate, and amplify social content across any digital touch point. With global reach, Spredfast customers have managed more than one billion social connections across 84 countries. Today, Spredfast helps more than fifty percent of Interbrand’s 2015 World’s Best Brands to create first-class social experiences.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Spredfast, Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Spredfast via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Spredfast. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Spredfast as a result of the referral or through other means.
Notice to Applicants:
We reserve the right to research relevant facts about you which are public on social media platforms or other sources over the Internet. We will retain such data only as long as reasonably needed.