Events Manager, Amherst – Austin, TX
Amherst is revolutionizing the way U.S. real estate is priced, managed and financed in order to unlock opportunities for all market participants. Driven by data, analytics and technology, Amherst has a 20-year history of anticipating where the next risks and opportunities are likely to emerge and designing actionable strategies for investors to capitalize on opportunities across residential real estate, commercial real estate and public securities. Amherst, along with its affiliates and subsidiaries, has more than 1,000 employees, $5 billion under management and approximately $15 billion under advisement and oversight. In 2019, Bungalo sold its 250th home, and Amherst managed it 25,000th home. To learn more, please visit www.amherst.com.
The Marketing team at Amherst is responsible for serving as a strategic partner and vendor to the entire business. Under its purview, the marketing team owns the brand development and narrative, the positioning of executives externally, the customer lifecycle – whether that customer is an investor, a resident or a home buyer/seller – and acquisition, strategic events, and creative services. From creating an annual calendar and strategy that aligns to business goals to ongoing reporting on marketing initiatives, this team serves as the backbone of a fast-paced, high growth organization.
As part of the Marketing team, Amherst is seeking a dedicated, passionate brand ambassador to plan and execute internal and external events from conception through execution including creation and management of a budget, timeline, management of outside vendors, regular communication with key stakeholders, partnership with the creative team on collateral and environmental branding elements, execution on site. This role requires a proactive, can-do attitude and an extremely high level of attention to detail and organization. It mandates the ability to across multiple ongoing projects and a flexible work schedule to accommodate the timing and execution of all internal and external events. In this role you will work with key individuals across the entire Amherst organization, manage vendor relationships, and foster relationships with select industry conference organizations.
- Work with Head of Marketing, leadership and fellow Events Manager to identify and execute priority conferences and sponsorships
- Plan and execute Amherst branded events and the Company’s participation in all major third party events & conferences, i.e. Dell Match Play, SXSW, SFIG, IMN, etc
- Create, socialize and manage annual conferences and events calendar on an ongoing basis
- Manage all internal events including from team events, corporate functions and investor events
- Maintain and execute on budgets and detail-oriented project plans for each event in addition to holistic event calendar to ensure the team hits key milestones to stay on track and on budget
- Research, secure and manage vendors, including meeting space, transportation, food & beverage, entertainment, accommodations, etc
- Coordinate event marketing, managing event websites for logistics and partnering with creative to develop the relevant materials (invitations, ads, targeted emails)
- Craft and distribute pre and post communications to attendees and stakeholders
- Provide post-event reporting to ensure ROI
- Develop and maintain positive, collaborative working relationships with contacts from each part of the organization to support their internal and external events
- Ensure holistic activation with branded promotion items and oversee the ProShop and MSR stores
- Create best-in-class internal events that surprise and delight our employees and our investors/ clients/partners
- Work with Marketing, Internal Communications and other office staff to manage and execute internal events including, town halls, client/investor lunches, team offsites, and companywide networking events.
- Ensure that all events meet Amherst brand standards
- Work closely with Sales & Marketing to:
- Attract audiences to event activations via direct and indirect outreach
- Distribute leads from events to the right internal groups/database
- Create amazing touchpoints for customers and prospects alike
- Align content and presenters with event goal, managing the Run of Show (agendas, presenters, bios, av, materials, etc)
- Coordinate the distribution of conference materials (name badges, tent cards, signs, packets, etc)
- Ensure appropriate premium giveaways are at events and are stocked throughout the year
- Follow budgets for external events
- Build relationships with certain industry events and maintain those relationships throughout the year to make Amherst a trusted partner/help get us exclusive or first access
- Communicate cross-functionally throughout the organization to ensure the correct attendees
- Keep your finger on the pulse of real estate, tech, finance/investment industry conferences
- Build / maintain strong relationships with external vendors / third party service providers to successfully execute Amherst branded events
- Analyze the events’ success and prepare debriefs, lessons learned, senior management reports as appropriate
- Proven track record / demonstrable experience of running events from conception to completion with minimum of five years of experience in events management
- Experience of developing and managing external partnerships with service providers in the delivery of events / projects
- Strong business acumen, exceptional problem solving capabilities, creative thinker
- Responsible, professional, ability to perform well under pressure and tight deadlines, results-oriented and works with sense of urgency
- Excellent negotiation and communication skills both oral and written
- Strong organizational & project management skills, great attention to detail
- Great team player with leadership skills
- BSc / BA degree is required, preferably in hospitality management, PR, marketing or related field
What we offer:
Amherst is a privately held corporation located in West Austin with beautiful views of Lake Austin and the loop 360 bridge in a modern work-space with open floor plans.
- A competitive compensation package, annual bonus, 401k match
- Flexible PTO, 8 paid holidays
- Employer-paid benefits (medical, dental, vision, health savings account)
- Professional career development and reimbursement
- Employee referral program
- On-premise fitness center, locker rooms
- Monthly lunch stipends, fully stocked kitchen with snacks/drinks
- Monthly/quarterly office events!
Amherst is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information or veteran status, and encourage all applicants to apply.