Global Head of Digital Media Marketing at Cloudflare (Austin, TX or Remote)
At Cloudflare, we have our eyes set on an ambitious goal: to help build a better Internet. Today the company runs one of the world’s largest networks that powers approximately 25 million Internet properties, for customers ranging from individual bloggers to SMBs to Fortune 500 companies. Cloudflare protects and accelerates any Internet application online without adding hardware, installing software, or changing a line of code. Internet properties powered by Cloudflare all have web traffic routed through its intelligent global network, which gets smarter with every request. As a result, they see significant improvement in performance and a decrease in spam and other attacks. Cloudflare was named to Entrepreneur Magazine’s Top Company Cultures list and ranked among the World’s Most Innovative Companies by Fast Company.
We realize people do not fit into neat boxes. We are looking for curious and empathetic individuals who are committed to developing themselves and learning new skills, and we are ready to help you do that. We cannot complete our mission without building a diverse and inclusive team. We hire the best people based on an evaluation of their potential and support them throughout their time at Cloudflare. Come join us!
What we’re looking for
As the Global Head of Digital Media Marketing you will run the "in-house digital marketing agency" for Cloudflare. You will drive paid media strategy/planning, buying, campaign launches, agile marketing campaign management, media performance measurement, and optimization for Cloudflare’s Digital Media Acquisition Campaigns globally. You will lead a team that partners with a cross functional team of internal stakeholders, including Global Campaign planning, Global Field Marketing, Partner Marketing, Inbound Marketing, Brand, Creative, and Marketing Analytics. You will work closely with our campaign managers globally to translate business objectives into media briefs, and work closely with our internal resources media agencies to lead media briefings, manage budgets across all channels, create campaign tests and learn agendas, and communicate campaign performance and impact.
- Media strategy - developing paid media strategies and plans to support full funnel business goals and priorities targeting key audiences globally.
- Translate business requirements and objectives into strategic media briefs
- Agile digital marketing - you will lead and drive data-driven, digital marketing "sprints" across our various channels, working with people across our product marketing, creative, global campaign management, MarTech, and agency partners
- Media planning and buying - you will plan, execute, and manage our media buys globally, across channels
- In-quarter and in-flight optimization - you will reallocate budgets and resources on the fly in order to continuously optimize performance across our various channels and campaigns,
- You will manage the media campaign launch calendar. Project manage the delivery of end-to-end media campaign execution in a timely and seamless manner.
- Direct a team of channel managers, recruit and manage headcount, set quarterly productivity goals, and drive a culture of creativity, experimentation, "pushing the envelope", and accountability
- Be accountable for monthly media budget planning, PO process, tracking, and manage billing and invoicing
- 12+ years of work experience and a Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Brand, Advertising and/or Communications or relevant work experience.
- Proven ability in developing and driving digital media strategies globally, ideally with SaaS B2B experience.
- Proven ability in executing programs to increase awareness of ideally tech and B2B brands.
- Proven experience in effective agile digital marketing in either B2C or B2B
- Expertise in direct response/performance media strategy, inclusive of executing channel programs in key brand media channels such as search (PPC), display, social, programmatic, digital video (YouTube, OTT, CTV, OLV etc.)
- You have mastered standard media metrics and KPIs used to measure digital campaigns. You are fluent in identifying campaign insights and presenting learnings to the marketing team.
- Your superpower is balancing fact-based management with creativity and experimentation, being detail oriented and organized, leading teams, and you love to bring order from chaos. You have project managed complex programs with multiple stakeholders.
- You have experience and understanding of the digital marketing ecosystem and data flow across platforms, including GA360, DV360, Google Campaign Manager, LinkedIn, YouTube, Facebook, and preferably also Adobe/Marketo
- You’ve worked on multi-channel marketing campaigns that drive customer journeys into web, marketing automation, and CRM systems.
What Makes Cloudflare Special?
We’re not just a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company. We’re a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company with a soul. Fundamental to our mission to help build a better Internet is protecting the free and open Internet.
Project Galileo: We equip politically and artistically important organizations and journalists with powerful tools to defend themselves against attacks that would otherwise censor their work, technology already used by Cloudflare’s enterprise customers--at no cost.
Athenian Project: We created Athenian Project to ensure that state and local governments have the highest level of protection and reliability for free, so that their constituents have access to election information and voter registration.
Path Forward Partnership: Since 2016, we have partnered with Path Forward, a nonprofit organization, to create 16-week positions for mid-career professionals who want to get back to the workplace after taking time off to care for a child, parent, or loved one.
184.108.40.206: We released 220.127.116.11 to help fix the foundation of the Internet by building a faster, more secure and privacy-centric public DNS resolver. This is available publicly for everyone to use - it is the first consumer-focused service Cloudflare has ever released. Here’s the deal - we don’t store client IP addresses never, ever. We will continue to abide by our privacy commitment and ensure that no user data is sold to advertisers or used to target consumers.
Sound like something you’d like to be a part of? We’d love to hear from you!
This position may require access to information protected under U.S. export control laws, including the U.S. Export Administration Regulations. Please note that any offer of employment may be conditioned on your authorization to receive software or technology controlled under these U.S. export laws without sponsorship for an export license.
Cloudflare is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all people and place great value in both diversity and inclusiveness. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to their, or any other person's, perceived or actual race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, or any other basis protected by law. We are an AA/Veterans/Disabled Employer.
Cloudflare provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job. Examples of reasonable accommodations include, but are not limited to, changing the application process, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job, please contact us via e-mail at [email protected] or via mail at 101 Townsend St. San Francisco, CA 94107.