At Cloudflare, we have our eyes set on an ambitious goal: to help build a better Internet. Today the company runs one of the world’s largest networks that powers approximately 25 million Internet properties, for customers ranging from individual bloggers to SMBs to Fortune 500 companies. Cloudflare protects and accelerates any Internet application online without adding hardware, installing software, or changing a line of code. Internet properties powered by Cloudflare all have web traffic routed through its intelligent global network, which gets smarter with every request. As a result, they see significant improvement in performance and a decrease in spam and other attacks. Cloudflare was named to Entrepreneur Magazine’s Top Company Cultures list and ranked among the World’s Most Innovative Companies by Fast Company.
We realize people do not fit into neat boxes. We are looking for curious and empathetic individuals who are committed to developing themselves and learning new skills, and we are ready to help you do that. We cannot complete our mission without building a diverse and inclusive team. We hire the best people based on an evaluation of their potential and support them throughout their time at Cloudflare. Come join us!
What we’re looking for
We’re hiring a Global Head of Field Marketing to drive field marketing programs at scale. The leader will do this through field marketing, virtual and live events, paid media, and ABM, and inbound marketing - all of which are designed to drive lead generation. The ideal candidate must have in-depth experience building and leading a large, complex team that drives business within Mid-market and Enterprise teams leveraging demand generation programs built in collaboration with integrated marketing, with a focus on customer acquisition through business and customer insights.
The ideal candidate is a performance marketing expert who is highly analytical and is a strong people manager who can operate both at strategic and tactical levels. You are highly collaborative and have a strong track record of building, managing, and executing large-scale global campaigns.
What You'll Do
- Lead a global team of field and inbound marketers across three regions to execute an integrated, multi-channel set of demand generation strategies tied to revenue goals to accelerate net new prospect acquisition, customer expansion sales, and pipeline growth
- Manage the execution of all lead generation programs (including but not limited to physical and virtual events, webinars, email, paid social, inbound marketing , ABM and content syndication) to drive free trials, demo requests, and optimize funnel conversion rates of both new logos and cross-sell/up-sell of existing customers
- Strategically lead and partner with sales leadership, senior marketing leadership, global campaigns, and global digital executions, to ensure alignment on strategy, resources, go-to-market activities and goals.
- Analyze success KPIs and goals from qualified marketing leads, and qualified pipeline through to revenue with effective and efficient demand gen programs and optimization.
- Become a trusted partner, working closely with global campaigns, digital executions, lifecycle marketing, and MOPs teams in order to shape the development of marketing plans.
- Strategic partner to Sales leaders and Marketing leadership on key metrics, including marketing performance measurement, budgeting, strategic planning, process definition, and marketing systems and data. This includes getting highly detailed on demand generation attribution and the efficacy of marketing spend.
- Develop, coach and inspire growth marketers, and support their work across product and sales teams in order to drive business growth.
Who You Are
- Minimum of 15 years’ experience in relevant demand generation and leadership experience at medium to large scale global technology companies, preferably with both B2B SaaS and B2C ecommerce business models.
- Experience in field marketing and strategic marketing management and market analysis – demonstrated ability to build and execute a marketing strategy with clear goals and objectives to align to sales objectives and support the growth targets.
- Expertise with marketing tactics such as virtual and physical events, webinars, email, content syndication, and social marketing.
- Experience overseeing marketing automation and operations in Marketo (Adobe).
- Strong team player and leader with the ability to influence, work cross functionally, build relationships with key stakeholders and thrive highly collaborative fast paced environment.
- Problem-solver with strong analytical skills, strategic thinking, business acumen and the ability to find creative ways to optimize performance.
- Proven track record of leading high performing team that create and execute strategic marketing programs.
- Familiarity with the technology sales cycle and how to employ marketing strategies to acquire new customers, nurture leads, drive adoption and accelerate growth.
- Adept at assessing market opportunity to make the appropriate long term strategic investments while maintaining the short-term delivery of leads.
- Metrics/ROI focused and knows how to generate leads and track to closed loop.
- Understands sales & marketing integration.
- Solid understanding of the marketing mix and how to build and deliver integrated marketing campaigns.
- BA/BS degree; Master degree in a technical field or business administration preferred.
- Outstanding communications skills – written and verbal
- Highly organized and detail-oriented.
- Excellent project management skills
- Interested in building teams, programs, process
- Not afraid to try new things – driven to constantly improve results
What Makes Cloudflare Special?
We’re not just a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company. We’re a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company with a soul. Fundamental to our mission to help build a better Internet is protecting the free and open Internet.
Project Galileo: We equip politically and artistically important organizations and journalists with powerful tools to defend themselves against attacks that would otherwise censor their work, technology already used by Cloudflare’s enterprise customers--at no cost.
Athenian Project: We created Athenian Project to ensure that state and local governments have the highest level of protection and reliability for free, so that their constituents have access to election information and voter registration.
Path Forward Partnership: Since 2016, we have partnered with Path Forward, a nonprofit organization, to create 16-week positions for mid-career professionals who want to get back to the workplace after taking time off to care for a child, parent, or loved one.
126.96.36.199: We released 188.8.131.52 to help fix the foundation of the Internet by building a faster, more secure and privacy-centric public DNS resolver. This is available publicly for everyone to use - it is the first consumer-focused service Cloudflare has ever released. Here’s the deal - we don’t store client IP addresses never, ever. We will continue to abide by our privacy commitment and ensure that no user data is sold to advertisers or used to target consumers.
Sound like something you’d like to be a part of? We’d love to hear from you!
This position may require access to information protected under U.S. export control laws, including the U.S. Export Administration Regulations. Please note that any offer of employment may be conditioned on your authorization to receive software or technology controlled under these U.S. export laws without sponsorship for an export license.
Cloudflare is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all people and place great value in both diversity and inclusiveness. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to their, or any other person's, perceived or actual race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, or any other basis protected by law. We are an AA/Veterans/Disabled Employer.
Cloudflare provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job. Examples of reasonable accommodations include, but are not limited to, changing the application process, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job, please contact us via e-mail at [email protected] or via mail at 101 Townsend St. San Francisco, CA 94107.