Group Manager, Product Marketing
We believe that everyone should have access to professional legal advice. So, we’ve built a trusted and accessible technology-based platform to reduce barriers and help empower millions of people to grow their business, care for their families, protect their ideas and more. From Estate Planning, to Business Formations to IP, we’ve helped millions of customers, providing the protection and peace of mind they need. To date, we’ve grown to become the leading provider of online legal solutions for families and small businesses, and we’re committed to making our services even more valuable and easier to use than ever before. Join us!
As a Group Manager in Product Marketing, you play a critical role in the marketing organization. You will work directly on brand strategy projects with the VP of Product Marketing, ensure the success of our operational teams (sales, care, fulfillment), drive products such as our Attorney Network offering, and deliver a best-in-class post-purchase experience for our customers. This role is the equivalent of an Associate Director in other companies and is responsible for products and post-consumer experience that cut across multiple business segments, from those starting a business to those protecting their families. You will help drive LegalZoom’s growth by improving the end-to-end customer experience across our ecosystem, focusing on cultivating the long-term relationship we form with our customers. You will partner with our Product Team to bring insights and data that shape the relaunch of our MyAccount technology solution where this post-purchase experience is housed. This position is responsible for driving long-term revenue through subscriptions and cross-sell/upsell opportunities in MyAccount and will work closely with Product Teams and Lifecycle Marketing to bring this opportunity to fruition.
You are creative, strategic, analytical, and detail-oriented with strong communication, relationship building and project management skills. As a distinguished product marketer, you have proven experience partnering with product managers and large cross-functional teams to bring products/services to life. You pride yourself in thinking like our consumers, and you have a track record for delivering insights-driven marketing plans that produce excellent business results. You have experience managing direct reports and have a passion for developing people while working collaboratively across all areas of the organization.
- Own key business initiatives for product marketing, driving projects from ideation through to execution in service of attaining portfolio objectives
- Develop packaging, pricing, positioning, messaging and business / campaign plans that deliver growth to the organization
- Accountable for the end-to-end consumer journey, delivering a delightful customer experience that ensures a long-term relationship with LegalZoom
- Serve as a thought leader within your business segment, sharing your point of view which is data-driven and backed with research and insights
- Identify opportunities for optimizing the customer experience and work with teams to test hypotheses and drive results as you influence product, test and research roadmaps
- Understand the landscape – be an expert on our competition and how they position themselves; be an expert on our customers, understanding who they are, what their motivations are and how we can best meet those needs
- Develop and manage go-to-market strategic plans and work collaboratively to bring those plans to life through creative briefs, launches, announcements, campaigns and always-on optimizations of marketing
- Partner with sales enablement team to ensure communication about any product changes is made to our sales and customer care teams and that training materials are updated
- Act as the primary point of contact for product marketing and related teams for the products you support
- Spearhead market research projects for your portfolio to better understand the market and gather intelligence to help inform product decisions and messaging
- Serve as business owner, monitoring business health and recommending product opportunities and contingency plans
- Work with Marketing, Product Management, UX/Creative, Sales, Customer Care, Training & Shared Services, PR, Engineering, Legal and Business Development to ensure a great customer experience
- Develop product marketers by providing meaningful career coaching and being a steward of talent
Skills and Experience
- 8+ years of Product Marketing or other directly transferable marketing experience
- Experience driving nationwide campaigns, communications and go-to-market initiatives
- Clear and effective communication skills (written and verbal), comfortable presenting and distilling information to executives
- Excellence in thinking through end to end implications and presenting decisive recommendations
- Proven track record collaborating with product managers and sales teams
- Demonstrated business ownership of a product or service line with significant revenue responsibility
- Success influencing product strategy, design and development timelines and processes
- Ability to apply consumer insights, research and testing to drive world-class marketing strategy
- Adept at working with product, creative, sales, legal, finance, operations, customer service and quality assurance teams
- Exhibit a bias for action and motivating and inspiring others
- Strong people management skills and experience developing/mentoring team members
- Bachelor’s degree required; MBA or higher degree preferred
Join us in making a difference as we build our future and help ensure access to professional legal advice to all! LegalZoom is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to diversity.