Growth Marketing Manager-Paid Search at Hippo Insurance
Role: Growth Marketing Manager - Paid Search
Location: Palo Alto, CA
Reports To: VP of User Acquisition
Hippo is a VC-funded insurtech startup headquartered in Palo Alto, California. Hippo is modernizing home insurance by putting customers at the center of everything we do. Using AI, aerial imagery, smart home devices, and beautiful UI/UX, we strive to provide clients with nothing less than meaningful coverage, best value and best customer service in the industry. This approach is clearly resonating with homeowners.
Hippo has grown 25% a month, has a customer satisfaction score more than double the industry average and has an insurance portfolio which insures more than $90B in property value.
We’re looking for the very best talent in the world to help us continue to find new ways of fundamentally redefining the role insurance plays in people’s lives.
About This Role
This is a unique opportunity for a data-hungry marketing professional to come and have an immediate impact in contributing to the Hippo success story. We recently transitioned paid search campaigns on Google and Bing in-house and are looking for the right individual to help us take them to the next level. You will be responsible for managing the performance of these paid search campaigns. In this new role for us, you will be at the forefront of leading analysis, solving complex problems, and making strategic recommendations to deliver against ambitious targets.
We are looking for a new teammate who is passionate about finding ways to grow a business with an excellent ability to translate data into actionable insights. You are comfortable navigating through large amounts of data to find diamonds in the rough, never lose sight of your metrics, and are obsessed about growth.
You are organized and can manage multiple projects at the same time. You have a hands-on attitude and are known for your ability to deliver projects on schedule. You always look for efficiency gains such as automating repetitive tasks.
You have a passion for performance marketing and stay on top of the latest industry trends, allowing you to test new features and tools before others. Last but not least, you’re self-motivated, thrive in a fast-paced environment but love working with a close-knit group.
- Help create a cutting edge paid search marketing department at Hippo.
- Optimize paid search campaigns, from creating new ad copy and sourcing new keywords to optimizing and bidding.
- Create and execute against a robust testing plan: set up and launch experiments. Once tests are completed, analyze and report the results.
- Identify opportunities and develop a short and long term strategy for the channel.
- Analyze and monitor the impact of search campaigns, using insights, to improve results continuously.
- Lead projects with Product, Engineering, Finance and Analytics (e.g., marketing automation efforts or attribution modeling).
- Manage the relationship with Google and Bing account teams.
- 3-5 years of experience in SEM or analytical online marketing
- Outstanding quantitative, analytical and problem-solving skills; very comfortable with data analysis and data-driven decision-making
- Proven track record of meeting aggressive growth targets; experience in e-commerce a plus
- Strong bias for getting stuff done quickly and with high quality
- Expert in MS Excel; SQL programming skills a plus
- Experience using Google Ads Editor and Google Analytics
- Bachelor's degree or higher with strong analytical focus
Compensation and Perks
- Fun offices located in downtown Palo Alto, less than a 5 minute walk from Caltrain
- Catered lunch provided 3 times a week (including a fabulous BBQ on Fridays)
- Fully stocked kitchen with free healthy snack options
- Flexible, uncapped PTO (with manager approval)
- Full time salary based on experience and equity in a fast-growing startup
- Competitive medical, dental and vision benefits including options for 100% employer paid premiums for our employees AND their families
Hippo is an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to building a team culture that celebrates diversity and inclusion.
Hippo’s applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to an applicant’s disability or need for accommodation. Any Hippo applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact Hippo’s People Team to make the need for an accommodation known.