Head of Channel Marketing at ThousandEyes (part of Cisco)
Head of Channel Marketing
Who We Are
The name ThousandEyes was born from two big ideas: the power to see things not ordinarily possible and the ability to collect insights from a multitude of vantage points. As organisations rely more on cloud services and the Internet, the network has become a black box they can't understand. Our Internet and cloud intelligence platform delivers the only collectively powered view of the Internet, cloud and SaaS platforms, helping enterprises and service providers work together to identify problems before it impacts revenue, damages brand reputation, or halts employee productivity.
In August 2020, Cisco Systems completed the acquisition of ThousandEyes, which now forms the ThousandEyes Business Unit within Cisco’s Network Services Business Group and is a foundational component of Cisco’s growing Observability business.
What you get to do in this role
The Head of Channel Marketing is responsible for marketing ‘to’, ‘through’ and ‘with’ our most strategic channel partners in collaboration with the rapidly growing ThousandEyes Channel Sales team. In the beginning, your priority is to build and launch a scalable campaign strategy to help resellers build a profitable business with ThousandEyes and support activation of the Cisco Channel on joint Cisco + ThousandEyes offers. As the channel sales business grows, your responsibility and team will grow to include MSP channel programs and finding new and innovative ways to help our partners grow their business with ThousandEyes.
- Collaborate across ThousandEyes channel sales leadership, marketing leadership, product marketing, and sales teams to align partner plans with marketing priorities and develop a comprehensive channel marketing strategy and execution plan
- Work with ThousandEyes marketing and channel stakeholders to develop and execute partner marketing campaigns to generate revenue, partner engagement, and to position ThousandEyes as a leader in the industry
● Work with Cisco marketing teams to ensure the inclusion of ThousandEyes in Cisco-led partner programs to generate revenue and partner engagement in joint Cisco + ThousandEyes offers
● Collaborate with ThousandEyes Channel Enablement, Cisco Program Management Office and Cisco Channel Marketing stakeholders to align ThousandEyes partner marketing campaigns, education initiatives and promotional programs to deliver effective ThousandEyes partner campaigns
● Build relationships and develop aligned strategies with priority Global/NA/ANZ partners and Cisco Global Channel stakeholders
- Partner with ThousandEyes EMEA Channel Marketing and Cisco Regional Marketing to align plans and leverage MDF / translation budgets
- Support ad hoc channel marketing needs in the field to take advantage of opportunities arising with top tier channel partners
● Run the Program with data and report on progress on a monthly basis
Skills & Experience
10+ years of marketing experience, minimum 3-5 years in channel marketing preferred
● Innovative and creative problem-solver with strong communication skills
● Exceptional team collaborator, open to idea/project iteration
● Comfortable with project management across multiple teams
● Demonstrated success building, launching and measuring channel marketing campaigns
- You are a proactive self-starter, demonstrating high initiative and critical thinking
- Proven ability to think strategically with exceptional attention to detail in execution
- Positive, can-do attitude, with the ability to work within a global matrix of business units, marketing and sales professionals, and ability to prioritize numerous projects simultaneously
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis. Cisco will consider for employment, on a case-by-case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
We Are Cisco
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference. Here’s how we do it.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (30 years strong!) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. An AI/Machine Learning company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, we give our egos a break and we give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, we take bold steps, and we take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a commitment to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool