Head of Demand Generation and Growth at Scribe Media
I remember what it was like starting my marketing career 10 years ago and absolutely hating it.
I didn’t do this just to market local dentist offices, or the latest “hot trend” in SaaS.
I didn’t do this to drive more leads for a founder and CEO that wouldn’t take the time to understand marketing.
I didn’t do this to build campaigns and drive revenue for businesses that brought zero value to the world.
So, if you are doing that in your job now, STOP.
You’re more capable than that. Your creative and analytical skills are going to waste, and for what?
If you’re interested in doing things a little differently and making a big difference in a company that is deeply rooted in putting people first, over CPCs, lead-sale rates, and yes, even revenue, then consider joining me at Scribe Media.
Director of Marketing at Scribe
As the Head of Demand Gen and Growth, you’ll help us build the foundation for how our marketing team drives the sales pipeline.
The ideal candidate will know how to build and scale growth-oriented marketing campaigns across the entire B2C buying journey to drive net new revenue across all of our current and future service offerings.
You’ll have a proven track record of building a demand generation function from (almost) scratch. As our first Head of Demand Gen and Growth at Scribe, you’ll help shape the current 9-person team and the future of our entire marketing strategy and global brand.
As a data-driven strategic thinker, you know how to drive results in a high-growth company, with the ability to influence at all levels, delivering measurable and tangible growth metrics that can show an impact on our revenue goals.
Ultimately, you’ll be accountable to REVENUE results, not leads.
Reporting directly to Scribe’s Director of Marketing, this role is highly visible across the organization and covers the full scope of inbound marketing and demand generation.
You must be creative, analytical, and hands-on with a strong bias to action, and have the ability to meet deadlines and work collaboratively in a fast-paced, loosely structured, highly dynamic environment.
But before you get all excited and start applying, understand one very important thing:
This is not for someone who wants to "play start-up." This role is for someone who takes driving new revenue seriously and wants to genuinely help drive our company’s mission forward.
If that describes you, come get it.
Who are we and what do we do?
We’re Scribe Media, and our mission is to help everyone on earth write, publish and market their book.
The problem is that writing and publishing books are, for most people, a painful and difficult process, loaded with uncertainty and aggravation. Our goal is to make it as simple as possible, so that as many people as possible can do it.
We have multiple ways we help people do this. We can edit and publish an already written manuscript (Scribe Publishing), or we can help people write their book using a structured process with our guidance (Scribe Guided Author), or we can do a structured interview process that gets the book out of them in their words and their voice (Scribe Professional).
And if you can't afford our services, that's fine. We give away all of our information for free. Seriously, it's called Scribe Book School, and it's better than any paid course on the internet.
You can see some press about us here.
And you can see some of the books we've already published here.
Why our work matters
Our company was started because a frustrated entrepreneur wanted to put all of her incredible knowledge and ideas into a book, but didn't have the time to write it or the patience to deal with the frustrating publishing process. So we solved her problem. The origin story is here.
Her book became an amazing success, and we realized the world was full of these people--smart people who should write a book, but don’t, because the process is so painful.
These people want to write books, but don't have the time or desire to do it the old way, and that's why Scribe exists: we help people turn their ideas into books that both cement their legacy and impact the world.
Our process has worked for over 1500 authors in six years, and we’re growing fast. Our ultimate goal is to help everyone on earth write and publish a book.
If we do that, we'll help create many thousands of books that would never have otherwise existed, changing the lives of millions of people. That's really exciting to us.
But if you really want to see why we do this...just watch this video of an author we worked with, Philip McKernan.
What's it like being part of the Scribe Tribe?
We're not going to try to pitch you a load of corporate doublespeak bullshit about how great we are. Instead, we’ll just show you proof.
These are all real tribe members, speaking openly and honestly about all aspects of what it's like to be part of this tribe:
You can also watch The Power of Vulnerability at Work, for an excellent glimpse into how much we care about each other as people, and how we approach our relationships.
You can see a bunch more videos here, on our YouTube Channel.
This is the operating system for our tribe: The Scribe Culture Bible.
We are consistently ranked the #1 Best Place To Work in Austin.
Also, Entrepreneur Magazine said we have the #1 company culture in America.
You In? Awesome, here's the details:
- Austin, TX
Type of Employment
- Full -time
Necessary Skills & Qualifications
Here is the list of skills we believe are necessary for this career:
5+ years of marketing experience with a focus in B2C services preferred.
Strategic: Proven and successful inbound demand generation program creation, execution, measurement, analysis, and reporting across channels
Metrics Driven: You get excited by extracting actionable learnings from campaign data, managing pipeline spreadsheets and tools, and identifying insights from numbers to continuously improve execution.
Growth Mindset: You are not shy at taking risks but will have a proven track record of constantly challenging the ROI from each campaign and driving constant improvements
The Ultimate Generalist: Advanced knowledge of current and innovative demand generation marketing methods across multiple channels (email, webinars, SEM/SEO, display, social, virtual/live events, tools, etc.).
Leadership: Experience in managing fast-growth teams and proven natural leadership skills. You will be responsible for supporting and managing a small team of highly skilled marketers.
Enthusiastic Learner: You like to look at everything from a beginner's mindset. You teach yourself new skills needed to drive forward results by conducting research or connecting with outside experts. The idea of learning new things with a large degree of autonomy should absolutely thrill you, rather than terrify you.
Impeccable Attention to Detail: We’re a fast moving startup (almost 7 years old) that’s spinning up lots of new departments, products, and even businesses. You’ll be working with multiple departments on multiple data projects at once, and it’s crucial that you keep all project priorities in order.
You Are Self-Motivated And Get Shit Done: We don't want people who have to be constantly managed. If you only work well with someone telling you what to do--DO NOT APPLY. You must be very self-motivated. There are no lifestyle roles here, and no easy days. We all work very hard every day, because we care about our mission, and what we do matters to us and other people.
NOTE: Hard work does not mean endless hours. It only means accountability. If you don't want to work hard and get results, this is not the right company for you. There is no coasting and no hiding here and you will be held accountable for achieving real results. If that doesn't excite you, this is the wrong tribe for you.
Salary & Benefits
- Competitive Pay: $100,000
- Full Benefits Package: We don’t spend our money on ping pong tables and beanbag chairs. We spend our money on things that matter to our tribe--like a full slate of benefits that would rival any Fortune 50 company.
- We fully cover your medical, dental, and vision insurance—starting on day 1.
- We offer up to $1,500 in educational assistance to continue your learning.
- We have six weeks of paid time off, including holidays and the week between Christmas and New Year’s.
- If anything awful were to happen to you, we provide life insurance and short- and long-term disability.
- Scribe’s success is directly related to the Results of the Tribe. That’s why every time Scribe achieves our revenue and profit margin goals, all Tribe Members are eligible to earn a Results-Based Bonus. Even better, the payout increases in direct correlation with our success--the more we exceed our goals as a Tribe, the larger the portion of those earnings we receive.
- Free Book Benefit: start working on your book from day 1! All Tribe members can attend a Guided Author or Memoir workshop and after completing 18 months of service, all Tribe Members can elect to receive one free Scribe Guided Author, Scribe Publishing, or One Last Book package. And, it should go without saying, but of course, you have access to read all the books we work on!
- We have Work with Your Dog Wednesdays! AKA: Woofdays!
- Plus, we eat a free lunch together in the office on Fridays!
- Be Part Of A Tribe: You (should) have seen the videos above. We also have a pretty cool set of principles that we live by as a tribe, you should check it out, because this is the operating system for our tribe, and everyone in our company lives the values and principles outlined in this doc.
- Freedom & Flex Work: While you’ll need to be based in Austin, we offer a flexible work environment. You can work from home, work while you travel, work in our office, make your own hours--we don't care. You can wear a three piece suit (like our CEO) or gym clothes (like our founders) or anything else--we don't care. We only care that you do your job well. And we have lots of paid time off each year, because we believe that rest and recovery are just as important as work. But, again, this is not a remote position.
- Make A Real Impact: We’re a small tribe (just about 65 full time) and you will be a major part of our team. Not only that, you won't just impact the company, you'll impact the world. Books are one of the very best ways to influence other people and change the way they think--and you'll be helping to make them a reality.
- Work With Interesting People: You're not just working on any books. Past authors include major company CEOs, famous entrepreneurs, professional athletes, and people with amazing personal stories. These are books that change lives.
Want to see more? Check out the Scribe Careers page of our website.
At Scribe, we don’t just accept differences — we support them, celebrate them, and as a company, we thrive on them. Scribe is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and we actively look for and hire people who bring new perspectives and experiences to our tribe.
Everyone has a story to share. Our CEO, JeVon “JT McCormick”, is just one Tribe Member example.
Ready to apply?
To complete the application follow this link directly to apply, https://scribe.breezy.hr/p/5160fb3df945-website-optimization-manager. Applications will remain open until we find the perfect person for this role.
You can expect to hear back from us either way within 15 business days. Be sure to keep an eye on your spam and promotions boxes in case our emails end up there! To make sure we're able to give your application the careful attention and time it deserves, please do not follow up with us unless you don't hear back from us by then.
Please, no phone calls. Due to the number of applicants we typically receive for our career openings, we are not able to do phone interviews until later stages of the hiring process. All applicants must submit an application through our portal.
We're only considering candidates that are authorized to work in the United States and we will not sponsor applicants for work visas.
Bonus: If you aren't right for this career, but you know the perfect person, send them this career description.
If we hire them, we'll give you a 2k bonus.
Totally serious--every person we hire, we ask them who referred them to us, and we pay the bonus to the referrer. That could be you if you share this career ad with a friend who's perfect for it.