We're seeking a Head of Growth to join us in delivering on our mission of building a simpler, customer-centric home buying and selling experience in partnership with real estate agents.Our offering
We give homeowners the freedom to buy the home they want before selling their current one. Customers tell us about their home and financial situation, then we provide them with funds to confidently secure their next home with a competitive all-cash offer. This saves them stress from having to list their house without knowing where they're going next, and makes the process of buying and selling a home as predictable and easy as it should be.
Homeward was started in 2018 by Tim Heyl, a 10-year industry veteran and owner of one of the fastest growing agent teams in the U.S. We're passionate about our mission to empower customers and their agent partners to buy before they sell while making the entire experience more convenient and certain. We've attracted a strong early customer base in Texas, Colorado, and Georgia, and are building our team to help us deliver our unique solution, and continue evolving our business.
Homeward is backed by top-tier venture investors - Adams Street, Javelin, and LiveOak. We’ve raised over $25 million in equity to grow the business, and have secured over $100 million in debt to buy homes for our customers. Our leadership team includes experts from the real estate, mortgage, and technology spaces.
We don’t prioritize money or growth over people. In our customer and internal interactions we apply the golden rule: treat others how we want to be treated. We’re building our customer experience and company culture with this as the guiding principle.
We don’t chase every opportunity and rush from urgent task to urgent task. We relax, stay calm, and focus on our company-wide objectives. If something is out of scope, we say “no”. If something feels rushed we slow down and think it through so we can avoid unnecessary rework later. We don’t bombard each other with notifications expecting instant response times. We block off time for deep work so we can get into the flow and create solutions our customers love. Multi-tasking isn’t effective nor enjoyable.
Cross Functional Collaboration
We look at our customers’ experience wholistically and recognize that improving it requires support from multiple functions. Given this, we’re excellent collaborators with a bias towards analytical rigor coupled with rapid, iterative problem-solving. No function is more important than another and we’re eager to work as a team to solve our customers’ toughest problems. We value strong internal alignment, and take pride in understanding and considering our teammates' perspectives before expressing our own.
In this role, you will:
- You are the one person in the org responsible for agent referral growth. It's a high-profile role, and you'll have the direct support of our CEO and cross-functional leaders.
- Evaluate our funnel and referral opportunities, and create a prioritized list of the most high impact, low risk options. Then execute and keep iterating on them to hit your KPI goals.
- Scale yourself up by building and managing a small marketing team. In order to do outreach, data analysis, copywriting, and other tasks critical to hitting your agent growth goals, you’ll need to effectively hire, empower, and motivate a growth-focused team.
- Ensure our market efforts are informed by the wider ecosystem. Get up to speed on the residential real estate industry and our competitors. Become well-versed in the home buying and home selling processes.
- Empower sales, training, marketing, product and other teams with strategy and prioritization for program execution, resources, tools, and materials to implement effectively in local markets and across agent communities.
- Coordinate and convene with leadership on budget planning, tracking, reporting and status/dependencies.
- Partner with our Pricing and Positioning team to ensure our product offering is attracting and retaining top agents in our local markets.
- Partner with our Product team to ensure the agent referral and transaction experience exceed expectations and properly embed Homeward in their workflows for continued engagement.
- Partner with our Sales and Marketing teams to drive target agent prospects into training sessions and send referrals by providing valuable content.
- Partner with our Agent Success and Customer Success teams to keep informed on experience challenges and successes.
- Research - conduct interviews, research and collect data to help inform strategies, implementation, results and further development for reaching KPIs.
- Partner with our Agent Sales and Design team members to create collateral that stays on message and is compelling.
- You have 3+ years growth and marketing experience, ideally within a high-performance startup or technology company.
- You’ve been responsible for hitting growth metrics and have exceeded expectations. You’ve prioritized possible growth opportunities, executed on them, and have examples to share.
- You’ve created a marketing strategy from scratch and have experience across the entire marketing process, from needs assessment to measurement.
- You have at least 2 years experience collaborating with inside sales and product teams to accomplish goals.
- You're an expert in brand and product messaging.
- You’ve managed an ad budget and optimized spend across channels.
- You’ve recruited and managed a high-performance marketing team.
- You have experience with marketing, CMS, and sales process tools (ex: Hubspot, Webflow, Salesforce)
- You’re able to make decisions based on data and set quantitative goals.
- You’re interested in improving the complex, emotional process of buying and selling a home and making it the exciting milestone in people’s lives that it deserves to be.