Head of Patient Engagement Marketing at Invitae
Head of Patient Engagement Marketing
Invitae is a rapidly growing genetic testing company driven by the mission to expand access to high-quality, comprehensive, low-cost genetic testing in order to lower healthcare costs and improve outcomes for billions of people.
To help realize our mission, we’re looking for a Head of Patient Engagement Marketing to help establish Invitae as the leader in genetics across all stages of life. The ideal teammate has experience building, launching and/or transforming health care brands, developing go-to-market commercial strategy, as well as growing and mentoring a team. You know how to navigate complex environments/customers to successfully meet their needs while achieving our goals. You’re adept at working in a regulated environment and can understand and translate complex scientific information.
You’re deeply curious and love to problem solve. Rolling up your sleeves comes naturally - as does strategic thinking. You thrive leading in a fast-paced environment and get excited about tackling tough challenges in a highly mission-driven company. You value transparency, collaboration and are solution-focused. Most importantly, you have a passion for improving patients’ lives.
What you’ll do:
- Lead Patient Engagement at Invitae; help to prioritize areas of focus, determine resource needs and drive towards execution based on impact and quality versus quantity ultimately representing the patient
- Define and execute the marketing vision and strategy for driving adoption and expansion of Invitae’s patient-facing platforms and services
- Own and drive patient engagement initiatives with an integrated marketing approach across the patient and caregiver journey; versed in both external channels (digital, social, web, etc) and internal channels (in-app marketing, emails, etc) to drive adoption of patient-centric platforms and services
- Inform strategy for patient engagement with Patient Advocacy Groups, partner programs and local support groups in service of driving improved patient outcomes through research recruitment and community connection
- Collaborate with cross-functional stakeholders including product/development, legal/regulatory, medical affairs, and commercial teams to execute in support of shared objectives
- Own and direct the overall marketing funnel from awareness through ongoing engagement, based on performance, learning, experience, and research, in partnership with all internal stakeholders; ultimately defending the voice of the patient
- Collaborate with and support team leads to execute go-to-market strategies, including positioning, messaging, competitive intelligence while contributing to commercial objectives
- Define and maintain accountability for key performance indicators; monitor, track and adapt as needed
- Maintain a deliberate, calm, and thoughtful approach to everything you do while embracing a sense of urgency
What you’ll bring:
- 10+ years experience in marketing with background in patient-facing healthcare organizations, life sciences, or health research strongly desired
- Deep understanding of patient and caregiver experiences across multiple areas of medicine including but not limited to oncology, rare disease, women’s health and pediatrics
- Experience developing patient-facing language regarding medical or health-related topics
- Understanding of best practices in patient communications including knowledge of topics around reading level, cultural sensitivity, and informed consent
- Proven track record driving adoption through patient-facing marketing
- Deep experience building and executing multi-channel marketing plans
- Curiosity, humility, and an interest in building something new
- Leadership and do-ership. You can write the plan and execute it.
- Recognized team player. You know that it takes a village. And know how to rally the village.
- The ability to say: I don’t know but am excited to figure it out/try!
At Invitae, we value diversity and provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.