About Duo and Cisco
Duo Security, now a part of Cisco, is the leading provider of Zero Trust security and multi-factor authentication delivered through the cloud. Duo is a high growth SaaS business with customers ranging from small 20 people organizations all the way to organizations with 100,000 plus employees. More than 20,000 organizations across the world use Duo to secure access to their critical resources.
Cisco is a global technology company with offices in 100+ countries and products in various categories such as routing, switching, wireless, cyber security, collaboration, application performance, cloud computing, etc. Cisco generates about $50B in annual revenue. Cybersecurity division within Cisco is one of the largest security business entities in the world with several billions of dollars in annual revenue.
Duo operates as a new business entity within the Security Business Group at Cisco.
This role is to lead the product marketing organization within Duo. This role reports directly to the head of product at Duo. This is a strategic role which will help Duo grow to a billion dollar SaaS business in the next few years.
This is a leadership role to lead the entire product marketing function at Duo. These are the key responsibilities of this role:
- Build and lead a globally distributed 10-15 people Product Marketing team.
- Develop GTM strategies to grow Duo SaaS business to a billion dollar business within Cisco.
- Messaging and positioning of all products at Duo. The key messaging developed by the product marketing team will be used by marketing, sales, customer success and other customer facing functions.
- Lead competitive enablement programs. This includes gathering and processing competitive intel, and developing content to train sales and customer success teams.
- Lead sales enablement programs. This includes understanding various personae in sales (Duo sales executives, Cisco security specialists, Cisco generalist sales executives, partner sales executives, etc.) and developing effective content for them.
- Own messaging on how Duo fits into the larger Cisco ecosystem.
- Lead Duo’s participation in Cisco’s broader marketing and product marketing programs. This includes deciding what programs Duo needs to be part of and executing.
- Lead overall analyst strategy and programs for Duo. Partner with Cisco’s AR teams to execute on briefings, Gartner MQs, Forrester Waves, etc.
- Work with Duo’s management team and sales leaders from Duo/Cisco to build an effective sales and GTM strategy. As a PMM leader, you’ll be a key player in planning and be responsible for the execution of several GTM initiatives.
- Lead all Duo product launches. Establish a launch strategy in collaboration with product management. Develop a launch roadmap for the next 12-18 months.
- Develop and share key product marketing insights including win/loss trends, competitive developments, NPS, ROI from demand-gen programs, etc.
- Build and maintain effective working relationships with peer groups and leadership teams across Duo, SBG and Cisco - primarily in product, sales and marketing.
- Lead selected SaaS transformation projects for Cisco without compromising on Duo’s performance
- Get creative on how to sell effectively in the new part-of-Cisco GTM model.
Your Experience and Expertise
- 3+ years of SaaS experience with focus on GTM
- 7+ years of Cybersecurity experience
- 10+ years of enterprise technology as a vendor, practitioner or seller
- You have led teams larger than 10 people with second level management. Have done hiring, on-boarding, day-to-day managing, promoting, coaching, mentoring, org design, etc.
- You have a deep understanding of product launch and GTM operations in $500m+ businesses
- You have practical understanding of the modern enterprise IT ecosystem - Microsoft, AWS, Google, Cisco, Salesforce, Workday, ServiceNow, etc.
- You have hands on experience with annual and multi-year business and GTM planning.
- You have successfully worked in a highly matrix environment. For example, lead a department for a smaller business unit in a large multi-billion dollar organization.
We Are Cisco
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference. Here’s how we do it.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (30 years strong!) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. An AI/Machine Learning company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, we give our egos a break and we give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, we take bold steps, and we take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a commitment to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool.