Internal Communications Manager
What You'll Be Doing
- Creating company-wide internal communications strategy with the intention of preparing employees for change, mobilizing them to action, and exciting them about our company’s vision.
- Developing a comprehensive executive communication strategy.
- Overseeing existing communications channels and developing consensus around future channels (eg. All Hands, Town Halls, company-wide emails, email distributions, etc)
- Providing “air traffic control” and review for all communications within RigUp to avoid communication overload, including maintaining a communications calendar.
- Leading a range of communication requests that support technology launches, ongoing operational activities, and urgent incident communications.
- Establishing a review process for all communications and streamlining internal company-wide emails, memos, metrics updates, meetings to review metrics, etc.
- Training internal stakeholders to write compelling, concise, and user friendly comms.
- Overseeing efforts to obtain broad employee feedback to guide communications decisions.
- Advising, editing and writing internal communications on behalf of leadership that are clear and consistent
- Developing KPIs to measure the impact of internal communications.
What You Should Have
- 7-10+ years of experience working in-house in internal/employee communications in various industries and disciplines, such as organizational, change, employer brand and social media management, crisis, and executive communications.
- Demonstration of how thoughtful and creative communications strategies can impact employee behavior.
- Proven track record of leading complex enterprise-wide and cross-functional internal communications programs and initiatives in a fast-paced environment.
- Expert in communication and change management principles, strategy, practices, and tools
- Amazing communicator—both written and oral—with a flair for storytelling.
- Able to simplify messaging and influence teams and stakeholders at all levels.
- Ability to multi-task across multiple concurrent projects, manage ambiguity, and be flexible in your approach.
- Strong expertise and leadership skills, and aptitude to take informed, creative risks
- Experience navigating a complex, fast-paced, ever-changing, matrixed organization
- Strong sense of initiative and ability to work under pressure on multiple projects with tight deadlines
- Confidence and poise to work closely with senior executives
- Demonstrated ability to build strategies aligned with business goals and company culture
- Outstanding ability to capture the executive's voice and elevate their content and presence
- Ability to evaluate the impact and success of existing communication channels and identify/manage new channels (e.g. Intranet/Wiki, All Hands Meetings, Slack, weekly emails, etc.)