RigUp is changing the way work is done in the energy industry. Each one of our teams exists to move us closer to our north star -- “to empower the people who power the world.”
We’re looking for an Internal Communications Specialist who is part strategist, part creator, and part storyteller. This role will develop a cohesive strategy for creating clear, impactful internal communications across RigUp and its acquired entities, supporting both our Talent & People and executive teams to communicate key events and drive internal alignment. The Internal Communications Specialist will also be responsible for establishing a system to collect and respond to internal feedback, as well as supporting content development for Brand Communications as necessary.
The ideal candidate has a strong belief in the importance of creating connections between internal employees to company strategy, leadership, and each other. They should have hands-on experience in developing communications and standardizing communication channels, particularly at a high-growth company.
The right candidate should feel comfortable collaborating with teams across the business - particularly company leadership - to define, plan, execute, and measure internal communication efforts. You’ll be expected to manage multiple projects simultaneously - often autonomously - as part of a self-directed and tenacious Marketing & Communications team. On top of your excellent written and verbal communications skills, you’re also super organized and have a positive, get-it-done attitude.
What you'll be doing:
- Developing a consistent, cohesive narrative for internal communications: Work with internal stakeholders, including our executive team, to define key goals and best practices for company-wide communications across various offices in a remote work environment.
- Standardize communications channels: Review existing internal communications practices and define go-forward strategy for how, where, and when we communication important updates.
- Deliver content for company-wide meetings: Establish cadence of company-wide meetings, including Town Halls, recommending themes and developing content to improve employee engagement and align internal stakeholders on progress against goals.
- Develop opportunities for feedback: Recommend and establish best practices for soliciting employee feedback on internal communications.
- Support Brand Communications: Develop and distribute content for the company blog, marketing campaigns, and social media channels, as needed.
What you should have:
- 5+ years of experience in a Communications role
- Experience communicating to an internal employee audience
- Ability to effectively communicate across various channels (Zoom, email, Slack, etc)
- Experience developing content, including presentations, blog content, and internal email
- Experience working with company executives
- Strong understanding of social media marketing
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Flexible PTO policy
- 401k Program with 4% match
- Fully paid employee health insurance for employee
- Open office space in the heart of downtown Austin
RigUp is a technology company that's building a platform to better support the energy workforce. Through the industry’s largest marketplace, we’re improving the lives of contractors and helping service providers and operators find the people who will get the job done. Headquartered in Austin, TX, and backed by a16z, Founder’s Fund, Quantum Energy Partners, and Silicon Valley Bank, we’ve raised $423.8 Million in funding to support our mission to change the way work is done in the energy field.
Our goal is to make RigUp an environment where any and all people feel welcome, respected, and free to be their authentic selves. We welcome applicants of all gender identities, sexual orientation, educational background, religion, ethnicities, veteran status, and citizenships. We’d love to learn what you can add to our team!