International Expansion Marketing Manager at BigCommerce
BigCommerce is disrupting the e-commerce industry as the SaaS leader for fast- growing, mid-market businesses. We enable our customers to build intuitive and engaging stores to support every stage of their growth.
In the newly-created role of International Expansion Marketing Manager, you will own the development of BigCommerce’ international expansion marketing strategy and go-to-market playbook and oversee the foundational readiness work required to support our expansion into new countries and markets, -- including GTM and execution, asset translation, web builds, demand generation and campaign creation.
You’ll be an experienced revenue-centric marketer or product marketing manager with seasoned skills in inbound and outbound marketing and a strong history of winning in newly created B2B and B2C SaaS markets. You will possess proven program management skills and experience leading medium to large projects. Working cross-functionally you will initiate and manage the marketing plans, anticipate bottlenecks, track risks for new country-level demand generation opportunities, coordinate the go-to-market activities and oversee report outs. You’ll be responsible for the marketing campaign design plan, manage and optimize integrated digital marketing spend across multiple channels to generate initial pipeline opportunities.
If you love solving problems, building scalable structure, influencing cross-functional collaboration, and are motivated by strategic, complex, high-value growth initiatives that help a business scale, this opportunity could be for you.
What you will do:
- Lead and execute the marketing program for international expansion and shepherd the company through high-value organizational change to help drive this strategic growth initiative.
- Serve as the cross-functional project lead amidst new country GTM launches, liaising between Web, Automation, Design, SBD, Agency, Product and Engineering.
- Collaborate closely with other functions, including Web, CRO, Demand Generation, Product, Customer Marketing and Sales to execute cross-functional initiatives in support of company objectives.
- Develop, maintain and recommend GTM generation plans aligned with business goals for new markets.
- Work closely with other teams to build cross-functional cohesion to drive revenue and operational efficiencies for our international expansion countries and partner with the Digital, Marketing Automation, and Content teams to utilize a test and learn strategy (i.e., which programs drive the most SQLs, which content generates the most traction, which channels to leverage when and why, etc.).
- Oversee and ensure the timely delivery of new country expansion launch assets, in partnership with internal and external stakeholders (e.g. vendors, partners, etc.).
- Evaluate and communicate the progress of ongoing market expansion projects on a regular basis to key stakeholders, achieving cross-functional alignment around goals and objectives
- Provide in-depth analysis of key business drivers to measure progress towards international growth goals and develop recommendations for maximizing international performance
- Partner with campaigns to help drive revenue through new merchant acquisition in order to meet or exceed revenue and pipeline targets in new countries.
- Measure, analyze, and report campaign performance.
What you need:
- 5+ years of B2B / B2C and international product marketing or campaign/demand generation experience in SaaS.
- Experience in the development of creative campaigns and execution of email marketing, social advertising, content syndication, SEM, and paid digital.
- Strong reporting capabilities with the ability to track campaign performance and associated spend down to the most granular details while providing roll-up reporting to senior management.
- Analytical thinking skills - uses data to drive strategy and to focus activities.
- Strong communication skills (verbal, written and presentation).
- Deep understanding of how cultural perspectives influence go-to-market plans
- Demonstrated experience and comfort facilitating and owning all aspects of large cross-functional meetings, strong business acumen and organizational agility.
- Ability to adapt to and lead through fast-paced, high-growth, dynamic environments.
- Experience leading teams, both in-directly and through influence.
- Passion for international markets and willingness to travel.
- Language ability in other languages besides English is a plus