Lead Media Planner at Atlassian
Atlassian is seeking a Lead Media Planner to grow our integrated marketing effort. You thrive in a dynamic environment, feel invigorated by multi-tasking, strive to meet high standards, raise the bar on teams and on projects, and use your knowledge and expertise to make a huge impact across the organization. At the core, you are data driven and use data to make decisions.
The successful Lead Media planner strategically develops media plans that deliver against goals/KPIs, provides ongoing guidance and optimization for next-level strategies that lead to significant impact for Atlassian's business. You are a self starter with a deep understanding of the online marketing landscape, bid strategy optimization, audience segmentation, analytics and testing. You will work closely with stakeholders to understand the key objectives and translate them into a holistic campaign strategy across all media channels. You demonstrate a strong working knowledge of media across all channels, are data driven in your approach and can easily identify the most effective strategies to address stakeholder needs. You will use strong analytic and technical knowledge as a sharp edge to identify business opportunities through digital channels that will drive business growth and performance. This role will also manage a team of two that drive our integrated marketing program across all digital channels. The successful candidate fosters a positive, productive and trusted team environment, and forms a strong collaborative relationship, internally and externally, that steadily elevates the quality of thinking and ideas applied to each integrated marketing campaign.
- Developing a best in class media team that is acknowledged as a centre of excellence
- Informing, consulting and educating the wider business on key areas relating to the ever evolving media landscape
- Work in collaboration with performance marketing, product marketing, and creative teams to define media strategies that are integrated across tactics and align with business objectives
- Be responsible for building an integrated marketing measurement framework to ensure that media is delivering against planned KPIs in the most effective manner
- Leverage insights, learnings, and modeling to help determine the right channel mix and further bolster the data-informed portions of media plans
- Stay current with new advances in media, the competitive landscape, and vendor capabilities; leverage that knowledge to influence current and future business plans and strategies
- Drive media innovation, thought leadership, and best practice sharing throughout the department
- Using in-depth knowledge of the full marketing mix, e.g. digital channels, Video, Radio, OOH, to deliver best in class media plans
- Define and deliver against a roadmap to ensure we are at the forefront of media developments
- Participate in developing / nurturing relationships with media partners and technology companies to enable first-mover access, most competitive rates, and development of innovative programs
- Identify and lead prioritization of media projects to effectively manage workflow across integrated marketing campaigns
- Establish and share media best practices and benchmarks across teams; highlight opportunities to test, learn and optimize/evolve based on knowledge of consumer insights, competitive media initiatives, new channels, and/or offerings by channel
More about you:
- 6+ years of experience in digital marketing managing campaigns across multiple channels, audience segmentation, analytics and reporting
- Balancing awareness and performance objectives and strategies
- Proficiency with integrated marketing tactics including evidence of shaping strategy and delivering tactical execution
- Deep knowledge of tactics, performance metrics, and optimization best practices for direct and programmatic campaigns across digital channels (media, search, web, social, mobile, email, etc.)
- Excellent strategic marketing skills, excellent understanding and application of digital channels to drive campaign success
- Superior project management skills. Ensure Media and Digital Channel campaigns are delivered on time, on budget and on brief. Strong analytical skills - ability to analyze raw data, identify true insight and develop actionable recommendations
- A natural affinity with numbers is a must
- A passion to help and develop people
- Making yourself readily available to answer questions and offer support, and the ability to motivate people to succeed
- Able to cultivate and manage positive, productive relationships with internal and external teams Excellent leadership skills
- Demonstrable ability to thrive in a matrixed organization where success depends on activating and aligning cross-functional partners
- Adept at communicating effectively across all levels
- Strong work ethic, highly organized and extremely detail-oriented
- Consistent record in successfully handling multiple projects at a given time
- Working knowledge of advertising analytics software and tagging tools
It's great, but not required if you have:
- Experience with data presentation and visualization using TableauSQL/database knowledge and basic knowledge of query creation
- Experience differentiating subscription vs free SaaS product messaging
- A strong understanding of audience segmentation, buyers and purchasing behaviors to create targeted programs with key messages that drive maximum response.
- Desire to identify, contract, and new test advertising tactics and partners.
- You will recommend future improvements to processes and technologies to increase effectiveness in close collaboration with other Online Marketing Managers.
But wait, there's more...We're so much more than a short string of adjectives or a few descriptive paragraphs - so apply and come talk to us! Here are a few more things that will help you to be successful:
More about our team
The Paid Marketing Team is responsible for setting the paid acquisition strategy, execution and measurement of marketing campaigns that help promote Atlassian products, attract new audiences, and ultimately add new customers to our growing community. You'll join a world-class team that is a critical growth engine for the company. The team works cross-functionally across with key stakeholders in Product Marketing, Analytics, Experiment and Engineering.
Software is changing the world, and we're at the center of it all. With more than 35,000 global customers (including 85 of the Fortune 100) and a highly disruptive business model, we're advancing the art of team collaboration with products like JIRA, Confluence and Bitbucket-and we're just getting started. Driven by honest values, an amazing culture, and consistent revenue growth, we're out to unleash the potential of every team. From Amsterdam and Austin to Sydney and San Francisco, we're looking for people who are powered by passion and eager to do the best work of their lives in a highly autonomous yet collaborative, no B.S. environment. Atlassian. Powered by You.
More about our benefits
Whether you work in an office or a distributed team, Atlassian is highly collaborative and yes, fun! To support you at work (and play) we offer some fantastic perks: ample time off to relax and recharge, flexible working options, five paid volunteer days a year for your favourite cause, an annual allowance to support your learning & growth, unique ShipIt days, a company paid trip after five years and lots more.
More about Atlassian
Creating software that empowers everyone from small startups to the who's who of tech is why we're here. We build tools like Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, and Trello to help teams across the world become more nimble, creative, and aligned-collaboration is the heart of every product we dream of at Atlassian. From Amsterdam and Austin, to Sydney and San Francisco, we're looking for people who want to write the future and who believe that we can accomplish so much more together than apart. At Atlassian, we're committed to an environment where everyone has the autonomy and freedom to thrive, as well as the support of like-minded colleagues who are motivated by a common goal to: Unleash the potential of every team .
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
If your experience looks a little different from what we've identified and you think you can rock the role, we'd love to learn more about you.
Learn more about Atlassian's culture, interviewing flow, and hiring process by checking out our Candidate Resource Hub .
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.