Buying a home should be an exciting milestone. But all too often, it’s stressful, especially in a competitive market or when you’re buying and selling at the same time. So we’re redesigning the home-buying experience. We’re a fast-paced real estate startup that empowers agents to help homebuyers buy with cash. We buy homes on behalf of our partners’ clients with our cash, then the client buys the home back from us.
Founder and CEO Tim Heyl, a 10-year industry veteran and owner of one of the fastest-growing agent teams in the country, started Homeward in 2018. In fact, he bought our first customer’s home with his own life savings. Today we offer two services — Buy with cash and Buy before you sell.
We’ve raised more than $160MM in equity capital from top-tier venture investors, including Norwest, Blackstone Alternative Asset Management, Adams Street, Javelin, and LiveOak. Our leadership team includes experts from the real estate, mortgage, and technology industries.
About the opportunity
Homeward’s Marketing team is looking for a Manager of Product Marketing to lead our product marketing, and communicate our value to customers and markets.
The perfect candidate has a strong background in B2B product marketing and integrated campaign development across several channels and stages of a customer’s journey. You obsess over deeply understanding customer needs and experiences. In responding to those needs, you build competitive positioning, clear product message, go-to-market strategies and campaign tactics that drive demand, conversion and retention. You’re also passionate about people, and developing a world-class product marketing team.
This position is not eligible for visa sponsorship.
In this role, you will
- Understand the needs of our customers (real estate agents and their clients), and synthesize needs, business objectives and the competitive landscape to fuel ongoing product adoption and engagement strategies.
- Lead all go-to-market planning activities for current and new product launches and campaigns, including positioning, channel strategy, launch planning and collateral development while partnering with stakeholders across sales, marketing, product, growth, and the broader senior leadership team.
- Define positioning and messaging for new products, features and audiences. Partner closely with brand design, UX design and copywriters to ensure end-to-end positioning is consistent across departments and channels.
- Influence the product roadmap by acting as the voice of the agent/client and market, help define, develop and test features.
- Develop sales enablement and training materials to help our salesforce on how to discuss, pitch and convert our products and services.
- Optimizations across marketing surface areas, such as customer stories, video content, landing pages, email and social.
- Work closely with internal teams to arm them with messaging, product-specific collateral and consumer insights.
- Structure, analyze and provide insights on product positioning, messaging, campaign and engagement data and KPI results.
- Manage and coach new and existing team members on go-to-market strategies. You will have the opportunity to build a team.
What you’ll bring
- 5+ years of product marketing experience
- You’re exceptional at prioritization and project management
- Excellent communication skills: Written, verbal, and visual
- You have experience in marketing complex and, preferably, regulated services such as real estate, title, mortgage, insurance, financial services etc.
- Experience developing, communicating and executing against a marketing strategy that includes audience segmentation, internal communications, sales programs field training and materials
- You have demonstrated success in influencing without authority and developing high-functioning relationships with marketing, sales, operations and business leaders
- You like being in the center of the action, connecting dots and finding opportunities for cross functional collaboration and efficiencies.
- Proven experience collecting and analyzing customer and field insights, product data and performance to uncover hidden trends, create new ideas and produce better results
- You thrive in ambiguity where you are challenged to design and gain alignment on something the organization hasn’t done before, but also not afraid to seek help.
- You enjoy working with sales/agent leadership and a field-based sales team
THE GOLDEN RULE
Whether we’re dealing with colleagues or customers, we follow The Golden Rule, treating others the way we want to be treated. It’s a simple rule, but it’s also significant: we don’t prioritize money or growth over people, and we practice empathy at every opportunity.
We work in tech and build solutions for real estate. Both are fast-paced and stressful industries. So it’s important that we focus on the larger objective rather than rushing from one task to the next. If something is out of scope, we say “No.” If something feels rushed, we pump the brakes. This calm focus helps us create solutions our customers love.
ONE TEAM, ONE DREAM
Big problems require big solutions. We look at our customers’ experience holistically, and recognize that solving them requires collaboration across teams. This approach extends to cooperation among our three affiliate companies — Homeward, Homeward Mortgage, and Homeward Title — and results in a better homebuying experience.