Manager, Social Media at A Cloud Guru
CUSTOMER CHAMPION | MEDIA GURU | COLLABORATIVE
The Manager, Social Media is a critical member of the content marketing team and will implement campaigns to create and sustain an engaged and loyal fan base across multiple social platforms including LinkedIn, Facebook/Instagram, Twitter, Reddit, YouTube, etc. This role is highly collaborative and will work across the organization to identify opportunities for growth and to measure success. This role will manage our Social Marketing Manager and drive our social media strategy.Hello, we're A Cloud Guru
Our friends call us ACG.
We're on a mission to teach the WORLD to cloud. A Cloud Guru is the largest online cloud school on the planet. Our training feels more like logging into Netflix or Spotify - it's entertaining and playful. The people are the #1 reason employees say they stay at ACG. We’re a quirky, tight-knit crew that cares about our customers and each other. No egos here. Our leaders encourage thoughtfulness, compassion, being humble, and we have a bit of fun along the way.
It’s an exciting time to join the team, because we’re in a really unique space. We have an amazing product that people want, and we're in an industry that's tripling in size overnight.I enjoy coming to work because we keep it fun. It's all about giving our students a little bit more joy in any way we can. There's a lot of creativity and bouncing ideas off of each other. – Matt, DIrector of Creative ServicesAs a Manager, Social Media at ACG, you’ll get to:
- Develop optimization strategies for each social channel based on performance metrics
- Champion advocacy within the organization to broaden our social footprint
- Use social media and content to deepen our relationship with our audiences, to drive signups and leads, grow our digital/social channel footprint, and leverage organic marketing to reach users in meaningful, authentic and engaging ways
- Develop and strategize plans for new audience programs within social media
- Collaborate with Customer Marketing to identify and leverage customer advocates in social media
- Collaborate with the Content organization to identify and leverage influencers in social media
- Collaborate with the wider content marketing and marketing teams to develop engaging social content in the ACG voice
- Collaborate with the broader teams to maintain an editorial and promotions calendar
- Manage the Social Marketing Manager to publish content on social media channels, leveraging social media management systems, and marketing automation tools/software
- Lead the content approval process with both internal and external stakeholders
- Actively report, track, and optimize the performance of social media channels, make recommendations, and provide updates to the wider marketing team
- Partner with Business Operations to gather data and establish new reports/dashboards
- Monitor social trends, stay abreast of new social platforms and best practices and provide competitive social analysis
- Work closely with platforms (Facebook/Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn) to identify opportunities
We focus on hiring values aligned people, because we believe the right person can learn all the things to be successful in their role. Self-confidence plays a big part in what you apply for. We encourage all job applicants to apply even if they are nervous to do so.
- Bachelor’s degree, with a concentration in Social Media, Public Relations, Journalism, Business preferred or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years of social media management experience developing and executing a social media marketing strategy
- 3+ years leading a team
- Demonstrable proficiency identifying meaningful, actionable insights within past successful social media campaigns
- Knowledge and a strong interest in tech culture and influencer talent
- Ability to work collaboratively across the organization with teammates at all levels
- Highly organized and able to manage multiple projects at once
You need hunger and passion to succeed, but you also need humility. It's not about chest beating here. It's about collaboration. –Travis, VP of SalesMore than a job
Where you work isn’t just a career decision -- it’s a life decision. We get it. That’s why we want all of our Gurus to feel a sense of belonging that comes from feeling supported in all areas of their lives. Everyone has family, friends and interests outside of their careers, so we offer perks and benefits to make work, work better for you.
- 4 weeks PTO, plus 10 sick days, and holidays. Whether it's hiking to a waterfall in Costa Rica or bonding with your couch, we all need downtime. All Gurus get four weeks paid time off, 10 sick days, and enough holiday to make a banker blush.
- Let's get lunch. Lunches are catered three times per week, and our kitchen stays stocked with a smorgasbord of the team’s most requested snacks and drinks.
- Parking is on us. We have your Downtown parking covered. We offer paid garage parking nearby the office. We also have perks for going green by walking and taking public transit.
- We’ve got you covered. We offer insurance plans that pay for 100% of your medical, dental, and vision, and 80% for your family/dependents.
- Gender-neutral paid parental leave. Expanding your family? We offer 12 weeks of gender-neutral paid parental leave, and reimburse up to $10,000 for eligible adoption expenses.
- $1,000 continuing education budget. All Gurus get $250 a quarter to spend on personal development, and 2 hours each week reserved for learning something new.
Applying for a job can feel intimidating and like a full-time job of its own. You shouldn’t have to burn through a week of sick time or all your best out-of-office excuses just to put feelers out for a new career opportunity. We want to be as transparent about the process as possible to help ease your mind. It’s our goal to provide you a fair, efficient interviewing experience that respects you and your time — and to do it all with a sidecar of delight.
Once you submit an application, we’ll review it. If you’re a good fit, you’ll have an initial chat with a recruiter over the phone. A phone interview with a manager typically follows. Depending on your role, you might then be asked to do a little homework (but nothing too time consuming). Then we’ll bring you onsite to talk face to face, answer any questions you have, and give you a feel for what it’s really like to work at ACG. If you're on the fence, just give it a try.
Keep being awesome, Cloud Gurus.