Marketing Account Manager
Named one of the Top 50 Start-Ups by Built In Austin, Skills Fund is the leading lender in the United States for skills-based higher education. We underwrite higher education programs based on their jobs outcomes for students, and offer their students access to competitive financing products that empower them to transform their careers and lives.
We are looking for a Marketing Account Manager to join our world-class team in downtown Austin and help us finance a return on education for students of all backgrounds and walks of life.
What is the opportunity?
- As a Marketing Account Manager, you drive our B2B2C customer acquisition strategy through our top educational partner programs.
- This role is part account management, part strategic and tactical marketing. You foster strong relationships with key stakeholders at each partner school, craft high-value financing resources and initiatives to accelerate student enrollment timelines, and incentivize student-facing team members to be the greatest dealer of Skills Fund financing.
- Responsibilities will include:
- Executing customer acquisition and retention opportunities (for both school partners and student borrowers)
- Identifying key opportunities and crafting scalable conversion-centric resources to embed Skills Fund’s financing solution in the school’s marketing and admissions campaign
- Lead customer educational and informational series and trainings
- Analyzing KPIs to improve performance and optimize resource allocation
- Working cross-functionally within Skills Fund to communicate stakeholder feedback, market intelligence, competitive insights, and growth & development needs to inform strategic and operational planning
What does it take to succeed?
- Passion for our Mission and an Interest in Finance and Education: You are our greatest brand ambassador to our largest schools. You should care deeply about helping drive access to quality, skills-based education and have a baseline understanding of and interest in personal finance and credit.
- You Balance Strategy and Tactics Seamlessly: You can wear the hat of both a B2B and B2C marketer, and execute an effective B2B2C strategic marketing campaign across our customers. You clearly understand how to incentivize our educational partners around logic and data, while in tandem creating resources that actively address the emotional aspects of purchasing education financing.
- Data is Your Driving Compass:
- Without key KPIs and metrics, data and trends, we cannot adequately scale to better serve our most important customer – our educational partners and the students they serve.
- A Learner’s Mindset: You should have a desire to learn, adapt and grow in a rapidly growing and changing start-up environment amongst other high performers.
- Qualities: Energetic and Passionate. Highly analytical, data driven and detail oriented. Strong communication skills – in all forms. Exceptional ability to prioritize and focus, and understand. Not intimidated by getting thrown into the deep end (or anything else for that matter).
- Impact: You’re hungry to be a part of something bigger than yourself. You don’t work just to make money. You work to create significant impact and have extreme dedication to professional and personal growth. You’re looking for an opportunity to build a great career and take on responsibility way above what you would receive in other organizations.
- Attitude: Positive, relentless, curious, fun, inviting, warm. No BS. Zero office politics.
How do I apply?
In your cover email, please include an explanation as to why you want to join the team at Skills Fund based on the company's purpose, the Skills Code, or the Skills Fund Compensation Philosophy found at https://skills.fund/careers. Email this plus your resume to lauren@Skills.Fund.
In your cover email, please also response to these two questions:
Are you authorized to work lawfully in the United States for Skills Fund? Yes/No
Will you now or in the future require Skills Fund to commence (“sponsor”) an immigration case in order to employ you (for example, H-1B or other employment-based immigration case)? This is sometimes called “sponsorship” for an employment-based visa status. Yes/No