What we’re looking for:
Are you a self-motivated critical thinker who is driven to succeed? Our downtown office has an open floor plan that encourages collaboration. We take care of our team as well; a solid benefits package, quarterly bonuses, regular company outings, free beverages & snacks, music, and great co-workers are all included with employment at Modernize.
In this position, you will be tasked with turning data into insight and action by providing thorough web and mobile measurement, analytics and a/b testing. You consider yourself a strong critical thinker, have the ability to navigate various data environments, hands-on technical ability in data, and a strong drive to understand our business. The role involves daily collaboration with product management, user design, data warehouse developers, data architects, and software development teams.
What you’ll do:
- Develop insights to answer complex questions through well-designed data analyses using SQL, Qlikview, Heap Analytics and other tools.
- Partner with Product and Web Marketing teams to use Exploratory, Predictive, and Prescriptive analytics to inform product strategy & roadmap
- Partner with Web Marketing teams to drive in market acquisitions by identifying user behaviors, and tracking keyword/campaign performance
- Segment traffic based on source, channel, visitor frequency, platform, etc. to understand online behaviors and identify opportunities to improve conversion and retention
- Understand Modernize’s data infrastructure and coordinate with our DataOps team to deliver data models and structures to meet business demands
- Collaborate with all business teams on ad-hoc analyses to uncover the root cause of recent business trends
- Define & refine KPIs/success metrics for web and mobile experiences; set baselines and use them to track and validate performance over time
Who you are:
- Motivated, driven, and works well autonomously
- Thrives in a fast-paced, data-driven, entrepreneurial culture
- Experienced with web optimization & A/B testing
- Excellent problem-solver with a strong work ethic
- Ability and willingness to learn structured and unstructured data systems
- Comfortable with data preparation, processing, classification, forecasting, and presentation
What you need:
- A Bachelor’s degree or advanced degree in a technical or math-based field
- 3+ years of experience in business analysis or data analysis
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to present and translate complex information to internal teams.
- Strong SQL skills
- Experience with web event tracking solutions like: Google Analytics, Facebook Analytics, HEAP Analytics
- Experience working with data warehouse software and business intelligence platforms is preferred
- Familiarity with the advertising landscape including paid search, social, and display channels
- Python coding knowledge preferred