Marketing Analytics Manager
HomeAway, based in Austin, Texas, is the world leader in vacation rentals with more than 2 million unique places to stay in 190 countries, and is a part of the Expedia, Inc. family of brands.
HomeAway offers an extensive selection of vacation rental homes that provide travelers with memorable experiences and benefits, especially more room to relax, for less than the cost of traditional hotel accommodations. The company also makes it easy for vacation rental owners and property managers to advertise their properties and manage bookings online.
The HomeAway Analytics and Data Insights team is looking for a dedicated, analytical and technically-skilled leader to join our team. This position will be responsible for leading an analytics team supporting a sophisticated global growth marketing team covering SEM, programmatic display and affiliate marketing and multiple related product and engineering teams. We’re looking for an experienced leader to coach our analyst team to develop insights that can materially improve our marketing investment decisions.
This role works with the head of the global Marketing Analytics team and requires an individual with excellent statistical and analytical abilities and experience leading an analytical team. Demonstrated experience leading complex data projects including building self-service reporting products, automating experimentation analyses or building sophisticated marketing attribution models is a plus.
What You’ll Do:
- Manage a team of 4-8 analysts in providing recommendations to the growth marketing and product teams on how to improve and drive marketing performance
- Improve our ability to synthesize and extract insights from large volumes of data, focusing on marketing attribution models and lifetime value calculations
- Identify and scope new A/B/multivariate testing opportunities in Marketing and Product to advance our measurement of these tests using Bayesian methodology
- Ensure your team has training and career development plans that will set them up for success today and going forward
- Partner with key stakeholders to prioritize asks based on the highest potential value added, and aggressively drive initiatives from there.
- Leverage strategic marketing partnerships with Google and other publishers to derive marketing insights
What You’ll Bring:
- Bachelor degree in an analytical field (e.g., Strategy, Business, Economics, Mathematics, Statistics) and 7+ years of experience in data analytics OR Masters degree in an analytical field (e.g. Strategy, Business, Economics, Mathematics, Statistics) and 4+ years of experience
- 4+ years experience managing teams, prioritizing and delegating work and leading multiple complex projects concurrently. Past experience operating in Scrum/agile methodology preferred.
- High technical capability, experience with SQL, SAS, R (or similar tools).
- Working knowledge of marketing metrics, attribution models, and advanced experimentation (DoubleClick stack preferred, AdWords, VisualIQ)
- Familiarity with eCommerce, web analytics and big data and visualization platforms (Google Analytics, Adobe Analytics, Tableau, Looker, BigQuery) preferred
Benefits & Perks:
- Competitive health and insurance benefits
- Competitive salary
- Annual target bonus or commission
- Paid vacation and sick time
- Vacation rental on a yearly basis (taxable benefit)
- Parental Leave (up to 20 weeks based on eligibility)
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Free snacks and beverages, including breakfast on Fridays
- Frequent company update talks with our leadership team
- Free listing on HomeAway.com
- Electronic, adjustable stand-up desk
- Discounted Metro & Rail pass
- Casual dress
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.