Marketing and Communication Specialist at Ascension
Working for Ascension is more than just a job. It's a career where your talent and passion for delivering quality healthcare can make a difference for residents, team members, and the community.
Ascension is seeking a Marketing and Communication Specialist to join the team in the Austin or Waco, TX area.
What You Will Do
The Marketing and Communication Specailist develops content and coordinates distribution of deliverables to support external marketing and/or internal communication strategies and plans.
- Prepares published, printed or electronic deliverables required to support the goals and strategies of communication plans for marketing and/or communication initiatives developed to meet the goals of the business units served by Marketing and Communications (MarCom).
- Collaborates with MarCom team members and business unit leaders in development of communication plans to support external marketing and/or internal communication initiatives.
- Ensures consistent framing of messaging and refines core messaging in deliverables, supporting organizational consistency in all aspects of Ascension communications.
- Collaborates with MarCom team members in advocating best practice communications to the business owners served by MarCom.
- Implements tactics that provide local market voice to System "key messages". Ensures that communications are consistent, accurate and appropriate.
- Supports Marketing and Communications Shared Services leadership and staff to implement internal and external resources locally and internationally.
- Able to understand the audience, understanding writing/content for readability, following brand and style guidelines.
- Coordinates and manages marketing materials for events, programs, and screenings sponsored by the organization.
- Coordinates the creation and approval process for collateral materials.
- Oversees the logistics and production of marketing materials, campaigns and special projects.
- Coordinates planning and execution of marketing tactics to ensure effective and timely completion.
- Creates and schedules social media posts to support local healthcare growth goals.
- Implements tactics that align with brand voice and "key messages".
- Ensures communication and marketing outputs are consistent, accurate and appropriate.
- Provides oversight of locally generated marketing collateral and supports internal clients with training of collateral template system.
- Provides marketing account management to service line leads.
- Supports web updates and edits including content generation for local differentiators.
- Provides ad management and creative allocation support.
- Supports report and presentation development and delivery to key stakeholders.
What You Will Need
- High school diploma/GED with 2 years of experience, or Associate's degree, or Bachelor's degree required.
- 3 years of experience preferred.
- Three years in the marketing and/or communications specialty area (Brand Marketing, Internal Communications, or Public & Media Relations) preferred.
- Effective communicator capable of gaining the confidence and respect of peers and key stakeholders
Why Join Our Team
When you join Ascension, you join a team of over 150,000 individuals across the country committed to a Mission of serving others and providing compassionate, personalized care to all. Our inclusive culture, continuing education programs, career coaches and benefit offerings are just a few of the resources and tools that team members can use to create a rewarding career path. In fact, Ascension spent nearly $46 million in tuition assistance alone to support associate growth and development. If you are looking for a career where you can grow and make a difference in your community, we invite you to join our team today.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Ascension is an equal opportunity employer (EEO) and affords equal opportunity to all associates and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic data, or other legally protected status.
For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the "EEO is the Law" poster:
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
This employer participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.