At Cloudflare, we have our eyes set on an ambitious goal: to help build a better Internet. Today the company runs one of the world’s largest networks that powers approximately 25 million Internet properties, for customers ranging from individual bloggers to SMBs to Fortune 500 companies. Cloudflare protects and accelerates any Internet application online without adding hardware, installing software, or changing a line of code. Internet properties powered by Cloudflare all have web traffic routed through its intelligent global network, which gets smarter with every request. As a result, they see significant improvement in performance and a decrease in spam and other attacks. Cloudflare was named to Entrepreneur Magazine’s Top Company Cultures list and ranked among the World’s Most Innovative Companies by Fast Company.
We realize people do not fit into neat boxes. We are looking for curious and empathetic individuals who are committed to developing themselves and learning new skills, and we are ready to help you do that. We cannot complete our mission without building a diverse and inclusive team. We hire the best people based on an evaluation of their potential and support them throughout their time at Cloudflare. Come join us!
About the role
The Marketing Technology & Platform team at Cloudflare sits at the intersection of web engineering, user experience design, and digital go-to-market. The Marketing Automation Manager is responsible for driving design and implementation necessary to deliver personalized experience across email, web and other channels that resonate across the customer journey. You put the user experience first but also have a growth mindset and thrive on maximizing the lifetime value of our customers.
This is a highly cross-functional role requiring both strategic and tactical execution, strong program management, and empathic communicator. You have experience developing processes for high-growth marketing organizations with exceptional problem solving skills and an ability to work closely with expansion marketing, sales, business intelligence and enterprise business systems teams.
- Own end-to-end customer lead flow process including lead capture, scoring, data enrichment, routing and hand off for sales follow-up
- Support Account Based Marketing key initiatives to facilitate rules of engagement including but not limited to Account Scoring.
- Collaborate with business intelligence, sales and marketing on key projects including but not limited to building marketing attribution framework, optimizing customer segmentations and more
- Lead Marketing campaign tracking instrumentation process to successfully track campaign performance and accelerate funnel progression
- Drive and collaborate on initiatives that require leveraging existing technology integration and automation to improve cross-team collaboration, maximize efficiency gains and drive scalable solutions
- Maintain data within marketing systems in regards to data governance and quality
- Evaluate new technologies and systems when needed to improve and optimize performance
Desirable skills, knowledge and experience
- 5+ years of experience in marketing automation and/or marketing operations setting up an enterprise level marketing automation platform
- Preferred experience in supporting customer (upsell / cross-sell) marketing
- Deep domain expertise and hands on experience working with marketing and sales technology tools: Marketo, Salesforce Marketing Cloud, Iterable, LeanData, Contentful, Google Marketing Platform and ABM tools
- Strategic, future-focused, and proactive approach to work
- Success managing multiple complex projects and competing priorities simultaneously
- Previous experience in fast growing technology companies preferably with both B2B SaaS and B2C ecommerce business models a plus
What Makes Cloudflare Special?
We’re not just a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company. We’re a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company with a soul. Fundamental to our mission to help build a better Internet is protecting the free and open Internet.
Project Galileo: We equip politically and artistically important organizations and journalists with powerful tools to defend themselves against attacks that would otherwise censor their work, technology already used by Cloudflare’s enterprise customers--at no cost.
Athenian Project: We created Athenian Project to ensure that state and local governments have the highest level of protection and reliability for free, so that their constituents have access to election information and voter registration.
Path Forward Partnership: Since 2016, we have partnered with Path Forward, a nonprofit organization, to create 16-week positions for mid-career professionals who want to get back to the workplace after taking time off to care for a child, parent, or loved one.
18.104.22.168: We released 22.214.171.124 to help fix the foundation of the Internet by building a faster, more secure and privacy-centric public DNS resolver. This is available publicly for everyone to use - it is the first consumer-focused service Cloudflare has ever released. Here’s the deal - we don’t store client IP addresses never, ever. We will continue to abide by our privacy commitment and ensure that no user data is sold to advertisers or used to target consumers.
Sound like something you’d like to be a part of? We’d love to hear from you!
This position may require access to information protected under U.S. export control laws, including the U.S. Export Administration Regulations. Please note that any offer of employment may be conditioned on your authorization to receive software or technology controlled under these U.S. export laws without sponsorship for an export license.
Cloudflare is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all people and place great value in both diversity and inclusiveness. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to their, or any other person's, perceived or actual race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, or any other basis protected by law. We are an AA/Veterans/Disabled Employer.
Cloudflare provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job. Examples of reasonable accommodations include, but are not limited to, changing the application process, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job, please contact us via e-mail at [email protected] or via mail at 101 Townsend St. San Francisco, CA 94107.