Marketing Automation Specialist at BigCommerce
BigCommerce is disrupting the e-commerce industry as the SaaS leader for fast- growing, mid-market businesses. We enable our customers to build intuitive and engaging stores to support every stage of their growth.
Marketing Automation Specialist
The BigCommerce Marketing Automation Specialist operates in the Revenue Operations - Technology organization to produce and execute all Marketing tactics, programs, and campaigns via our Marketing Automation Platform (MAP) Marketo. On top of day-to-day operations, maintenance, and administration of Marketo, the Marketing Automation Specialist is responsible for optimizing the MARTECH (Marketing Technology) Stack, Integrations, APIs, and the data structure that supports Database Marketing and Lead Lifecycle to enable the “gold standard” of marketing -- delivering the right message, to the right person, at the right time!What You’ll Do:
- Build Marketo Emails, Forms, Programs, Drips & Nurtures
- Build Marketo Segmentation of Static Lists, Smart Lists, and maintain the Lead Database
- Build synchronization between Marketo and Salesforce to manage proper lead flow, tracking, and reporting at each stage of the funnel
- Build within the Marketing Activities, Lead Database, and Design Studio sections of Marketo with Best Practice tactics, techniques and procedures (TTPs)
- Administer ancillary MARTECH platforms and system integrations (Salesforce, UTMs, Drift Chat, GoToWebinar, Openprise, Segment.io, Craft CMS - Web, etc.)
- Leverage basic HTML/CSS skills for development of email and landing page templates
- Spend 75% of your time in the platform conducting run-the-business (RTB) stakeholder ticket requests through JIRA
- Spend 25% of your time on big projects and strategic initiatives across critical infrastructure, architecture, net new systems & processes, and cross-functional SOP development
- 1-3 years experience in marketing, automation, or similar entry-level education and training at the execution-level
- Detail-oriented with a passion for learning optimal process and best practice implementation
- Team-first mentality with a passion to learn the critical disciplines of Marketing Automation, Database Marketing, Inbound Marketing Methodology, Lead Lifecycle, and Data Orchestration
- High standard bearer who appreciates being a valued member of a winning team on an inspiring mission
- Like to work hard and play harder! We don’t accept less than stellar work, and we party like it, too
- Critical thinker who can take an abstract, ambiguous request and use a systems-thinking approach to break it down into system logic and visualize a build
- Learner who’s always ready for more and is excited to continuously improve process
- Service and “customers first” mentality always looking to be helpful to stakeholders
Diversity & Inclusion at BigCommerce
We have the opportunity to build not only a great business, but a great company, with soul. Our beliefs and commitment to diversity and inclusion are a central part of achieving that.
Our dedication to diversity and inclusion is grounded in two things: a moral belief in the dignity, value, and potential of every individual, and a practical belief that diverse, inclusive teams will create the best outcomes for our customers, partners, employees, and company. We welcome everyone to be a part of our journey.
Current BigCommerce Employees: Please use the internal job board to apply for openings.