Marketing Communications Specialist
BigCommerce is disrupting the e-commerce industry as the SaaS leader for fast- growing, mid-market businesses. We enable our customers to build intuitive and engaging stores to support every stage of their growth.
BigCommerce, named a "Best Place to Work" in Austin in 2017, is looking for a Communications Specialist to own our Marketing customer reference and analyst relations programs, as well as work closely with our broader marketing team. The ideal candidate is detail oriented, an excellent communicator, eager collaborator and passionate customer advocate who enjoys working on global marketing programs and campaigns. Experience working in fast-paced environment (e.g. tech, startup, marketing agency, etc.) is also preferred.
What You’ll Do:
- Develop and own customer reference programs, including direct oversight and coordination of references for BigCommerce’s global marketing organization.
- Edit, write, and maintain compelling content for internal and external audiences, to be used across multiple touch points, including but not limited to blog posts, case studies, website content, press, social campaigns, advertising, events, and co-marketing campaigns.
- Develop content for analyst briefings, including preparing executive briefs, talking points and unique research.
- Monitor and document technology trends, analyst commentary, and new research to guide marketing communications programs and campaigns.
- Create and distribute new, compelling use cases pertaining to customer usage of the platform.
- Contribute to various aspects of new product launches, including but not limited to early access and beta programs for new features.
- Develop and prepare ad-hoc reporting and analysis metrics for customer reference and analyst relations initiatives.
- Positively represent BigCommerce by effectively engaging and educating current and potential customers and partners in professional and social environments at meetings, events, and trade shows with the goal of gaining insights and developing quality relationships.
Who You Are:
- 2+ years marketing experience, preferably in an agency or ecommerce and/or SaaS startup environment.
- Foundational knowledge of integrated marketing campaigns
- Experience generating marketing content
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing or related field preferred
- Business-to-business marketing experience a plus
- Proficiency in Google Apps (Gmail, Docs, Drive) and Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint)
- Detail Oriented - You are able to process information quickly and track numerous details with ease.
- Communicator - Excellent written and verbal communication skills are a must.
- Time Manager - You value time and use it effectively and efficiently, concentrate your efforts on the most important priorities, and can attend to a broad range of activities.
- Lifelong Learner - You seek and enjoy learning new skills and knowledge, and are adept at staying ahead of the curve on relevant industry, company, product, and technical knowledge.
- Comfortable Around Higher Management - You deal comfortably with all levels of leadership, including executives, can present without undue tension and nervousness, and can determine the best way to get things done with them by talking their language and responding to their needs.
- Composed - You know how to remain collected in a fast-paced, high pressure, dynamic environment and carry out responsibilities with minimal direction.
- Customer Focused - You have a passion for service and satisfaction and act with customers in mind.
- Personable - You are seen as positive, energetic, and exude a strong sense of teamwork by working effectively, respectfully, and efficiently with all team members.
- Driven - You manage projects on time in an ever-changing environment and steadfastly push yourself.
- Ethical - You believe in our mission, share our values and understand that it’s not just about what you get done, but also how you do it.
Diversity & Inclusion at BigCommerce
We have the opportunity to build not only a great business, but a great company, with soul. Our beliefs and commitment to diversity and inclusion are a central part of achieving that.
Our dedication to diversity and inclusion is grounded in two things: a moral belief in the dignity, value, and potential of every individual, and a practical belief that diverse, inclusive teams will create the best outcomes for our customers, partners, employees, and company. We welcome everyone to be a part of our journey.