Marketing Compliance Associate at Self Financial
About the job
Self Financial, Inc. is a rapidly growing venture-backed financial services startup based in Austin, Texas dedicated to helping American consumers build credit and savings on their journey toward financial security.
There are about 100 million people in the US who have low credit scores or no access to credit, and whose needs are underserved by traditional financial services providers. Bad credit or no credit history can be barriers to renting an apartment or getting certain jobs, let alone buying a car or house. And if you can get a loan with a low credit score, you’re very likely to pay a lot more in interest over the life of that loan. Self, in partnership with its issuing banks, provides these consumers with tools to help them achieve their credit and savings goals on terms that work for them. We believe our high customer satisfaction ratings, including a 4.9 rating on the App Store from over 90,000 reviews, demonstrate our success. We also work in partnership with leading nonprofits focused on financial wellness, including Operation Hope and the Financial Health Network.
Our team is passionate about challenging the status quo of the credit industry by giving people accessible and affordable tools to take control of their credit. Executing on our mission requires deep collaboration across our teams to ensure our products reach the people who can most benefit from them.
We're looking for people who share a passion for our mission. At Self, we want to work with people who are driven to tackle challenges, bring unique perspectives, find solutions and help better serve underserved consumers. We recognize that it takes diverse people and personalities to make our products – and our company – truly great. We only seek the best.
About the Role:
We are seeking a Marketing Compliance Specialist to be responsible for Self’s marketing compliance and quality assurance operations, working under the Chief Compliance Officer and in consultation with the legal and marketing departments. This role will work closely with our issuing banks to ensure all marketing material and communications comply with applicable law and our and our issuing banks’ high standards. In addition to review of new material, the position will be responsible for ongoing monitoring of marketing channels for compliance. The marketing channels will include online and digital advertising and search, social media, TV and radio, direct-to-consumer, retail, web and mobile, marketing partnerships and affiliates. The ideal candidate will have the capability of ensuring the highest quality of compliance and consumer protection while also achieving constructive business solutions that enable the company to meet customer needs.
● Review and approval of all marketing material and communications to ensure compliance with applicable law and company and issuing bank standards
● Development, implementation and ongoing management of a marketing compliance monitoring and testing program
● Manage reported marketing compliance cases and ensure that case resolution timing meets SLA’s
● Communicate frequently with issuing banks and affiliates regarding content updates and compliance requirements
● Work directly with multiple internal teams (ex. Marketing, Engineering and Legal)
● Work with Legal and responsible business departments to address marketing and consumer protection-related consumer complaints
● Assist in ad-hoc projects and initiatives as needed
● BA/BS degree
● Minimum 4 years of regulatory compliance experience preferably in credit card, consumer finance, FinTech or government/regulatory fields.
● Strong knowledge of consumer protection and consumer financial services law and regulation, including the Truth in Lending Act (Regulation Z), Equal Credit Opportunity Act (Regulation B), Fair Credit Reporting Act, Fair Debt Collections Practices Act, Unfair Deceptive and Abusive Acts or Practices, Telephone Consumer Protection Act, Servicemembers Civil Relief Act (SCRA), Electronic Funds Transfer Act (Regulation E), Electronic Signatures in Global and National Commerce Act (ESIGN), and privacy
Benefits and Perks:
We have the compensation and benefits you expect. But, there's one thing that Self Financial can offer that many startups cannot: we can positively change the world, while making a profit. Over 64 million adults in the U.S. do not have a credit score because of a lack of credit history. Self is solving this problem with creative technology solutions and partnerships.
Our perks include:
● Competitive Pay
● Bonus Program
● Stock Options
● Self pays 100% of employee's monthly medical, dental and vision benefit costs and a portion of dependent insurance coverage
● Buy up options available, costs vary across benefit type CONFIDENTIAL For Self Lender Employees ONLY
● 401(k) Plan available to full-time employees to save for retirement
● Self pays 100% of Life/AD&D/Short-Term and Long-Term Disability insurance premium costs for all full-time employees
● Enjoy our flexible vacation policy
● Company paid education and training programs
● Free at-home workout through Sworkit and Gold's Gym memberships
● Plenty of snacks and drinks provided at the office
● Casual dress code
● Team building, happy hours and events (Online now, due to pandemic)
● Downtown Austin office space (Our offices are partially open)
● Remote work arrangements (due to the pandemic)
● Monthly $100 COVID stipend for full time employees through 12/2021