Are you a marketing professional early in your career and ready to take it to the next level? Does the idea of rolling up your sleeves and getting hands-on experience in multiple channels sound like a great reason to get out of bed in the morning? Can you switch effortlessly from creative to analytical thought? Good news: OutboundEngine, the leading done-for-you marketing automation platform for small businesses, is looking for a Marketing Coordinator to support our team with a variety of campaigns and projects.
Founded in 2012, OutboundEngine automates email and social media marketing for small businesses by combining a simple, easy-to-use SaaS platform with professionally written and beautifully designed content. Over 10,000 customers use OutboundEngine to deliver compelling campaigns in less time, so they can focus on serving their customers, and their customers get valuable content that they’re excited to engage with.
What You’ll Do
We have big goals for 2018-2019 and need help on several initiatives. Here’s a sample of what you could work on, though the exact mix will depend on your skills and professional growth goals.
- Perform market and competitive research
- Develop customer stories using video, the written word and other media
- Launch a scrappy PR campaign targeting local press, tech writers and industry influencers
- Analyze marketing campaign data from different channels
- Configure and QA campaigns using industry-leading marketing tech platforms
- Create internal- and customer-facing sales and support collateral
- Coordinate logistics for local and national events
- Write for the company website, blog and/or social media accounts
- Serve as the team’s internal project manager and workflow coordinator
- Create internal, employee facing communications including email newsletters and Hoopla messaging
What’s In It For You
- A job where you can take ownership of your work and feel free to be yourself
- Hands-on learning with a fast-paced marketing team at a company with big goals
- The opportunity to feel good about helping SMBs win
- Competitive compensation with 401(k)
- 100% paid employee health insurance, plus dental, vision and life insurance
- Generous paid time off, plus the last two weeks of the year off
- Fun, energetic and casual downtown office loaded with snacks and drinks
- Paid downtown parking or monthly metro pass
What We’re Looking For
- BA or BS in marketing, communications or a related field
- 1-2 years of professional marketing/advertising experience, either in house or at an agency
- Very strong written and verbal communication skills required
- Organized personality with demonstrated project management experience
- Strong MS Office / G-Suite skills
- Basic graphic design and experience with Adobe Creative Suite, HTML and CSS a plus
- A problem solver: you apply logic, creativity and persistence to find solutions
- Patience and a positive, can-do attitude
This role is a fantastic opportunity for someone early in their career to get hands-on experience with a variety of marketing initiatives. Our company and team culture is relaxed but results-oriented. We’re proud of our ability to move fast, get things done, and still keep the atmosphere light and fun. This role isn’t for someone who’s satisfied with the status quo--you’ll be expected to proactively identify opportunities to improve our team’s performance and pursue them relentlessly.
To apply, send a resume with a cover letter telling us about a marketing project you’ve been involved with.