Marketing Data Analyst
Do you love data, and the direction and insights it can provide? Do you enjoy nerding-out with enthusiastic colleagues over the technical release notes on your favorite data processing tools/libraries? Or maybe start data analysis projects for fun?
Sailpoint is looking for a rising business analyst to build first-class analytics and reporting around marketing data and processes. This high-visibility role will work with marketing and SailPoint leadership to provide both day-to-day insights, as well as lead/contribute to planned projects and data-infrastructure. This role will use both internal and external data sets to build functional reporting dashboards in Tableau and build statistical models to guide forecasting and planning.
The successful candidate will have experience and confidence in discovering and clearly communicating actionable insights and guidance to non-technical colleagues and own the business intelligence activities around their function in marketing analytics. They must also manage multiple tasks and projects simultaneously, establish priorities and own deliverables end to end. This individual must be extremely business/customer focused, able to work proactively with minimal instruction and oversight, and able to manage delivery of high quality outputs in a dynamic work environment with ongoing and overlapping deadlines within short time constraints.
- Measure the impact of operations and strategic initiatives by gathering and synthesizing relevant data including operational metrics, analyzing the data, and presenting findings both in verbal and written formats
- Lead/assist in development of analyses and presentations for Executive, Marketing and Sales Leadership
- Communicate informed conclusions and recommendations to senior leadership and operational managers that is tailored to the needs and requirements of the audience
- Serve as a center of excellence for trusted insight and analysis to support both strategic initiatives and ad hoc business needs
- Design models to solve business problems and, where appropriate, manage integration of the insights into regular operational reporting
- Support departmental need for ad-hoc reporting and presentations, including business reviews and management presentations.
- Strong sense of responsibility and initiative
- Positive attitude and flexibility when faced with fast-paced, complex challenges
- 2 years of relevant experience in enterprise software in a business analysis or sales/marketing analysis function.
- Working ability to code and pull data in a SQL database – database management experience a plus.
- Working knowledge of basic statistics
- Experience in a BI reporting tool (such as Tableau, Domo)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, and ability to comprehensively and clearly present strategic issues and solutions to senior leadership
- Experience with marketing data sets preferred, such as Eloqua and Salesforce
- Experience with powerpoint, and providing data and key performance indices for presentations
- Strong attention to detail combined with high-level vision
- Excellent strategic and tactical business skills and a passion for using data to drive better decision making
- Demonstrable ability to collaboratively build and lead project teams of internal and external members in a dynamic and fast moving organization.
- A motivated self-starter with a high energy level
- Proven skills at cultivating strong working relationships and working well within a team to learn and share knowledge
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.