If you are interested in developing content about people, challenges, and opportunities in the energy industry, then we'd love to hear from you. RigUp is the fastest growing technology start-up in oil and gas, taking nontraditional approaches in a traditional industry. We're building the world's leading online marketplace for oilfield labor, goods, and services, empowering our customers to work much more efficiently while maintaining the highest safety and environmental standards. You will help revolutionize how millions of people work in a complex, 120 billion dollar industry.
RigUp is seeking an ambitious Marketing Intern with strong organizational and analytical skills. As our Marketing Intern, you will report to the Content Coordinator and work closely with the marketing team to assist a broad range of projects and initiatives. Projects will range from developing content, collecting campaign performance data, maintaining marketing team resources, and more. This is a unique opportunity where you will showcase your talents in nearly all aspects of marketing and have a direct and immediate impact on our business.
What You'll Do
- Draft social media, blog, and website content that resonates with current and potential RigUp users
- Assist social media management and interaction on all platforms
- Help execution of ongoing marketing campaigns that transform qualified leads into productive users
- Update and maintain marketing team resources
- Develop target audiences on digital social platforms based on user roles for digital advertisements
- Track, collect, and analyze key marketing channel metrics (KPIs)
- Maintain strong knowledge of day-to-day developments relating to the oil & gas market
What We're Looking For
- Currently pursuing a university degree
- Excellent writing skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Self-driven, motivated, and sufficient
- Critical and data-driven thinker with strong problem-solving skills
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Flexible and able to work within a changing environment
- Familiarity with social media channels (Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram, Twitter)
- Must commit to 10-20 hours
Nice to Haves (but not necessary)
- Experience with the oil & gas industry, online marketplaces, or contingent labor
- Previous marketing intern experience
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Catered breakfast, daily lunch stipend, and free snacks and beverages in our fully stocked kitchen
- Casual dress
- Flexible work schedule
- Sponsored events and outings
- Great office in downtown Austin and dynamic, diverse company culture
Our team is comprised of a diverse group of talented folks - a combination of technical talent from places like Google, IBM and RetailMeNot, long-tenured and well-networked energy veterans, and venture capital funding. We foster a fun, transparent, and collaborative environment - work is simply better when you’re enjoying what you do.
RigUp is a technology company that's building a platform to better support the energy workforce. Through the industry’s largest marketplace, we’re improving the lives of contractors and helping service providers and operators find the people who will get the job done. Headquartered in Austin, TX, and backed by Founder’s Fund, Quantum Energy Partners, and Silicon Valley Bank, we’ve raised $123.8 Million in funding to support our mission to change the way work is done in the oilfield.
Our goal is to make RigUp an environment where any and all people feel welcome, respected, and free to be their authentic selves. We welcome applicants of all gender identities, sexual orientation, educational background, religion, ethnicities, veteran status, and citizenships. We’d love to learn what you can add to our team!