Marketing Lead, User Growth
At Cloudflare, we have our eyes set on an ambitious goal: to help build a better Internet. Today the company runs one of the world’s largest networks that powers trillions of requests per month. Cloudflare protects and accelerates any Internet application online without adding hardware, installing software, or changing a line of code. Internet properties powered by Cloudflare have all web traffic routed through its intelligent global network, which gets smarter with every request. As a result, they see significant improvement in performance and a decrease in spam and other attacks. Cloudflare was recognized by the World Economic Forum as a Technology Pioneer and named to Entrepreneur Magazine’s Top Company Cultures list.
We realize people do not fit into neat boxes. We are looking for curious and empathetic individuals who are committed to developing themselves and learning new skills, and we are ready to help you do that. We cannot complete our mission without building a diverse and inclusive team. We hire the best people based on an evaluation of their potential and support them throughout their time at Cloudflare. Come join us!
About the role
The Marketing Lead for User Growth will be responsible for defining, iterating, and owning the marketing strategy and execution for free and pay-as-you-go users of Cloudflare’s global cloud platform. You will apply your deep experience in growth strategy, performance marketing, and product positioning to help drive millions of free customers and tens of thousands of paying customers to experience Cloudflare’s offerings. As a data-driven, highly analytical, and effective cross-functional leader, you’ll be responsible for leading the strategy and execution of marketing initiatives focused on acquisition, growth, and retention. You will also influence Cloudflare’s broader strategy for how we build products, position our solutions, create online experiences, and price/package our pay-as-you-go offerings for individuals and businesses of all sizes. This role is a key to the success of a highly visible team within the greater Cloudflare organization responsible for setting and executing on the strategy of user growth in cooperation with leaders and teams across the entire organization.
What you'll do
- Define, iterate, and own the marketing strategy for growing the base of free and pay-as-you-go users of Cloudflare’s global cloud platform.
- Align and coordinate dedicated and shared resources across Marketing and Business Intelligence teams to execute on the strategy to drive increased acquisition, growth, and retention of free and pay-as-you-go customers.
- Recommend new and user-friendly product, pricing, and packaging strategies that improve the user experience and help drive user growth targets.
- Drive an aggressive experimentation approach across web, organic, digital, and paid channels to unlock value and accelerate user growth.
- Define new approaches to measuring the effectiveness of all user growth initiatives and key business drivers, in partnership with Finance and Business Intelligence teams.
- Provide day-to-day, organization-wide visibility into ongoing performance dashboards and metrics.
- Help continually refine the different user profiles and personas of free and pay-as-you-go users through user research.
Examples of desirable skills, knowledge, and experience
- 8+ years of experience leading online businesses, growth strategy, demand generation, or related experience for a large-scale online, E-commerce, or SaaS business.
- 3+ years of experience leading and managing teams, including cross-functional teams with both direct and dotted-line reporting relationships.
- Possess expert-level knowledge on the key drivers of online user growth at massive, Internet scale.
- Significant experience in B2B technology space with a keen understanding of the Internet ecosystem and technical audiences (experience in cybersecurity or other network/performance industries is highly preferred).
- Highly analytical and data driven; able to personally dive deep into performance data to understand trends, variances, opportunities and threats.
- Ability to effectively influence both internal and external stakeholders across all levels of the organization.
- Experience engaging with Product teams to help define product, pricing, and packaging requirements for online users.
- BS/BA degree in Marketing/Business/Economics or a BS in a technically-oriented field: Computer Science/Engineering, Statistics, etc. (MBA is highly preferred).
We’re not just a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company. We’re a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company with a soul. Fundamental to our mission to help build a better Internet is protecting the free and open Internet.
Project Galileo: We equip politically and artistically important organizations and journalists with powerful tools to defend themselves against attacks that would otherwise censor their work, technology already used by Cloudflare’s enterprise customers--at no cost.
Project Athenian: We created Athenian Project to ensure that state and local governments have the highest level of protection and reliability for free, so that their constituents have access to election information and voter registration.
Path Forward Partnership: Since 2016, we have partnered with Path Forward, a nonprofit organization, to create 16-week positions for mid-career professionals who want to get back to the workplace after taking time off to care for a child, parent, or loved one.
Sound like something you’d like to be a part of? We’d love to hear from you!
Cloudflare is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all people and place great value in both diversity and inclusiveness. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to their, or any other person's, perceived or actual race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, or any other basis protected by law. We are an AA/Veterans/Disabled Employer.
Cloudflare provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job. Examples of reasonable accommodations include, but are not limited to, changing the application process, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job, please contact us via e-mail at [email protected] or via mail at 101 Townsend St. San Francisco, CA 94107.