Marketing Manager (PPC) at Bestow
Sorry, this job was removed at 1:47 p.m. (CST) on Tuesday, January 7, 2020
Who We Are
Bestow is a digital life insurance company built on full stack technology and AI. In a world in need of greater financial resilience and protection, Bestow democratizes access to smart financial products and powers some of the world’s leading consumer platforms. We are reimagining and rebuilding a 400-year-old, $7 trillion industry to create a brighter future for millions of families. And we’re just getting started.
The Bestow team is a diverse band of first principles thinkers on a mission to do good. We’re fortunate to be backed by leading investors and partners including Valar Ventures, NEA, 8VC and MunichRe.
Our ideal Marketing Manager for Biddable Media is a marketer with 4+ years of experience running large (+$50k/month) online media budgets that also has strong analytics and creative skills. This role will be perfect for someone who has worked either agency or client-side who wants the opportunity to use the skills they have developed for a fast-growing, well-funded startup in Dallas and Austin. Reporting to our Director of Growth, you’ll work alongside world-class marketers who have come together to beat the insurance incumbents at their own game by offering digital, click-to-buy insurance over the internet.
As our Marketing Manager for Biddable Media, you will take over the day-to-day management and growth responsibilities for our Biddable Media channels. We have existing campaigns on Google, Bing, MediaAlpha and social channels, and we’d like to grow these, as well as launch other new channels. In this role, you’ll take on the daily management and testing of new ideas, ensuring channel performance constantly improves over time. You’ll also contribute to our other growth marketing initiatives and work cross-functionally to drive the success of our media buying initiatives.
What We'd Like You to Do
- Manage significant ($2M+/year) biddable spend across Google, Facebook, multiple digital click marketplaces & other insurance-specific media campaigns, driving significant increases in scale and efficiency.
- Test & learn relentlessly to drive improvements in channel performance, then share what consumers respond to.
- Collaborate with our creative & design teams to build new ad creatives that drive results optimizing for value propositions, landing pages, and more.
- Work closely with our Analytics & Finance team to ensure we deliver measurable results by acquiring quality customers, on time and on budget.
- Collaborate with our underwriting and actuarial teams to understand how to best target eligible and high quality customers.
- Troubleshoot and solve any technical issues with those platforms, conversion tracking, attribution, etc.
- Manage and enable any external vendors, agency partners and consultants that can help along the way.
A Little About You
- 4+ years experience managing biddable media (ideally SEM-related) in a metrics-driven direct marketing environment.
- Expert knowledge of Google Ads.
- Expert knowledge of biddable media strategy & delivery mechanics.
- Experience managing $500k+ annual budgets.
- Experience working cross-functionally with finance, analytics, and other organizations at companies to solve complex problems.
- Strong quantitative (Excel/other BI) skills & deep knowledge of web analytics & Google analytics.
- Strong business acumen & excellent communication skills.
- Organized, reliable and professional.
- Growth mindset and a winning attitude4 year degree from competitive institution, ideally in a quantitative field.
You'd Be an Exceptional Candidate If
- You have working knowledge of SQL & Python.
- You have experience in financial services, consumer internet, software, or other subscription business.
- You have experience with MediaAlpha (please still apply if you don’t know what this is).
- Experience working in a regulated industry.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Bestow does not currently sponsor applicants for work visas.
Read Full Job Description