Marketing Manager at AppSumo
NOTE: Candidates must be US citizens/Permanent Residents located in NY, CA, WA or TX or be willing to relocate
Who Is AppSumo
AppSumo is the tech powerhouse you’ve probably never heard of. We’ve helped launch MailChimp, Evernote, and Dropbox (to name a few) — over 1,500 startups have come through our doors and become household names in software. (Learn more about us here!)
Our motto? The tools you need to run your business shouldn’t put you out of business. And we are committed to bringing our community the absolute best deals on software. With thousands of successful product launches and over a million entrepreneurs served, we’re looking to take AppSumo to the next level.
That’s where you, the Marketing Manager come in.
As an owner of the supply side of the marketplace, you will drive lead submissions that will then convert into listings on our marketplace. You’ll harness the power of viral giveaways, lead magnets, landing pages, and just about anything else you can come up with to encourage new partners to feature their products on AppSumo. The role is designed for someone with a strong marketing background who can create and implement ideas generate growth. If you’re a curious problem-solver with fresh solutions to spare, a goal-digger with a knack for communication, or an ace at building hype, we want to talk to you!On the day-to-day, you’ll be:
- Developing innovative content, partnerships, ads, and on-site experiences to drive leads.
- Working on innovative marketing techniques, like content lead magnets, giveaways, webinars, pop-ups, and more.
- Collaborating with the creative team to develop compelling assets that drive conversions.
- Working side-by-side with the product team to craft captivating landing pages and funnels to get people sign onto our self-listing platform
- A/B testing at every turn to increase growth across our marketplace
- Managing our promotions to increase engagement and awareness for AppSumo
This is a unique role that requires a growth hacker mentality and a drive for innovation in the digital marketing space. Our ideal candidate has:
- 3+ years of experience working for a SaaS, eCommerce, or tech company in a digital marketing or promotions role
- Creativity for days—we love human idea-generators with a hunger for action
- Experience with SEO, paid ads, and lead magnet creation and management
- Familiarity with the marketing funnel and customer acquisition process
- A great eye for content and a sixth sense for knowing what people want to see
We provide a competitive compensation and benefits package. We have moved to a hybrid workplace where you can choose your best working environment.
In addition, we offer a stocked fridge, any snacks you want, and (once we’re allowed outside again) two all-expenses-paid company trips with the team to the local Sheraton—just kidding: last year, we went to an all-inclusive resort in Costa Rica; you can check it out here.
At AppSumo, we treat all of our teammates like adults and trust that you'll get it done when you have something to do. Need to run an errand, hit the gym, or meet a friend for lunch? You’re encouraged to do so. You can work from home as often as you need, and you’ll have unlimited vacation days to go on adventures. (Everyone says it, but we mean it: We expect you to take time for yourself.)
We’re committed to crafting a diverse, encouraging, and collaborative working environment—every person we bring onto the team helps cultivate a culture that we’re proud of.
Up for the challenge? Let’s do this!
Individuals seeking employment at AppSumo are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation. You are being given the opportunity to provide the following information in order to help us align with federal and state Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action record keeping, reporting, and other legal requirements.