Marketing Manager at Smarter Sorting
Sorry, this job was removed at 11:07 a.m. (CST) on Thursday, March 4, 2021
Come work at Smarter Sorting!
About the Role
Smarter Sorting is a fast-growing, purpose-driven retail tech company. We are looking for a hungry marketing manager to join the team. You can be based in Boulder, Colorado or Austin, Texas. You will take the lead running our web, social, content, email and other digital and traditional marketing efforts.
You will work with an incredibly smart (no pun intended) and inspiring team and join a company that was named as one of Austin’s “Best Places to Work, 2020”. You will report into our Chief Operating Officer and work closely with our sales, product and data team.
You will join a company that is going through a growth phase as well as investing in its marketing and sales efforts.
What You'll Be Doing:
- Work closely with the leadership, sales, and product teams to help create and refine marketing content, website content, sales enablement, and pitch decks.
- In charge of the execution of digital marketing programs for Smarter Sorting, including website enhancement, blog posts, landing pages, social media, email marketing, partnerships, webinars, events, and more
- Proactively develop and manage a marketing plan, planning and executing weekly, monthly and quarterly activities.
- Use your strong content and writing skills to deliver highly-engaging content
- Commission and manage third parties for design, illustration, custom creative
- Work with a digital agency for custom needs
- Social Media: Overseeing our priority social media channels, running a monthly cadence for social media, writing, designing, publishing, and reporting KPIs
- Website: Responsibility for the day-to-day health of the website, planning the launch of new pages, identifying the best design, writing/editing, and measuring website performance
- Email Marketing: Designing, writing, building workflow automations, sending email campaigns, managing subscribers, and measuring engagement
- Content: Researching, writing, and designing key content pieces for our blog and thought leadership content
- Partners: Collaborate closely with our partners, to plan and develop partner campaigns
- Reporting: Analyze and report on marketing campaign results with a focus on ongoing improvement
- Using Hubspot and Salesforce you will build:
- Integrated campaigns that connect web, email, forms, etc.
- Segmented campaigns for leads, prospects, and customers
- You will use analytics tools to report on campaign performance, engagement, and ROI.
Your Experience + Skills:
- Excellent strategic, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong writing skills
- Strong interpersonal skills including leadership, communication and teamwork
- 4-year degree in Marketing or Business with a high GPA
- Proven ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects simultaneously
- 3-4 years of progressive experience in sales and marketing, most recently in marketing
- 1-2 years experience using Hubspot
- 1-2 years experience using Salesforce
- Proficiency in Powerpoint, Tableau, Microsoft Excel, and other common reporting interfaces
- Excellent communication skills with an ability to summarize complex concepts into understandable talk tracks.
- Proven “roll up your sleeves and get it done” reputation in previous endeavors.
Your First Month:
- Take on the management of the Hubspot powered website.
- Develop a limited number of new website pages, in line with our new brand positioning and optimized for SEO
- Develop new email marketing templates for lead nurturing and prospect marketing
- Understand how Salesforce lead and contact information is synced with Hubspot
- Learn about our product
Your First 3 Months:
- All of the above, plus:
- Monitor and report on website performance
- Write, design, and publish new marketing collateral
- Approval of a weekly, monthly and quarterly marketing plan
- Content writing for the website, blog, and social
- Build segmented email lists in Hubspot
- Execution of ongoing cadence for social and email marketing
- Content writing
- Successful partner marketing campaign
Your First 6 Months:
- All of the above plus:
- Consistent implementation of digital marketing tactics
- Weekly and monthly reporting of marketing KPIs
- Generate new ideas to increase awareness of Smarter Sorting
Your Benefits & Perks
Competitive Compensation Packages
Medical, dental & vision insurance
Short-term disability insurance
Generous Parental Leave
Unlimited Paid Time Off
Continuing Education Sponsorship
Bi-Annual All-Hands, Volunteering & Special Events (with baby goats in attendance)
Unlimited snacks & drinks
At Smarter Sorting, we are transforming the world through Product Intelligence. Our mission is to create a smarter, more connected world by revealing the underlying chemical and physical truths, and possibilities, of consumer products.
We provide retailers and suppliers the critical data points they need to best manufacture, move, market, sell, and handle products throughout the supply chain. From sustainability to eCommerce to regulatory compliance and everything in between, Product Intelligence is delivered when and where it is needed. At our core, we believe that when you know more, you can do better - for business, for consumers, and for the planet.
We are a team of data geeks, circular economy nerds, and math and chemistry wizards. We live and breathe the mission and values of Smarter Sorting every day, and are excited to be a part of something that just might change the world.
Read Full Job Description