Marketing Operations Analyst at AppSumo (Austin, TX)
AppSumo is the digital marketplace trusted by 1M+ entrepreneurs. We’ve helped launch top B2B tools like Mailchimp, Evernote, Intercom, and Dropbox, just to name a few.
Our slogan? Work doesn’t have to suck.
What does that mean? We don't want to work soul-crushing 9-to-5s. We love it here because what we do actually matters: supporting digital creators and entrepreneurs who want to build lifestyles they’re passionate about. With thousands of successful product launches and over a million entrepreneurs served, we’re on a mission to open the doors of entrepreneurship to everyone.
You in?What you'll be doing
- Partner with leadership, sitting in on strategic meetings and discussions, to provide analytically driven insights to help make decisions and deliver strong financial results.
- Maintain(audit) and pull reports from our current in-house database tool
- Identify measurable insights, exercise sound business judgment, suggest recommendations, and influence the direction of our marketing department by effectively working with and communicating results within marketing.
- Long-term, support the data engineering team in implementing a larger scale data-warehouse and business-intelligence tool.
- 2+ years of relevant business experience solving analytical problems.
- 2+ years of technical experience with SQL also preferred tools Metabase and Looker
- Excellent interpersonal skills and being able to communicate sophisticated analytics for consumption by non-analytical teammates.
- Ability to engage and influence departmental heads and executives
- Skilled in Excel/Google Sheets modeling
At AppSumo, we’re committed to building a diverse, encouraging, and collaborative working environment—the kind of company where work doesn’t suck.
Our culture starts with treating teammates like adults. We hire kickass people. We trust you to get your work done when you have something to do. If you need to run an errand, hit the gym, or meet a friend for lunch, you’re encouraged to do so. We know your work will speak for itself.
At AppSumo, you get:
Competitive pay, benefits package, and 401(k) matching
100% hybrid work model—work from home or the office
Freedom to have a side hustle (We’ll cheer you on.)
Open vacation (PTO) policy
Invites to two all-expenses-paid company trips per year (We’re talking destinations like Costa Rica.)
$250 per month to treat yourself (Therapy, Yoga, Massages, Tacos, whatever helps you be you.)
Late start/flexible hours
Access to our dog-friendly, snack-packed office (Austin)
Free lunch once a week, a computer, and work that actually makes an impact
Ready to join us?
Individuals seeking employment at AppSumo are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation. You are being given the opportunity to provide the following information in order to help us comply with federal and state Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action record keeping, reporting, and other legal requirements.