Marketing Operations Manager
At Cloudflare, we have our eyes set on an ambitious goal: to help build a better Internet. Today the company runs one of the world’s largest networks that powers trillions of requests per month. Cloudflare protects and accelerates any Internet application online without adding hardware, installing software, or changing a line of code. Internet properties powered by Cloudflare have all web traffic routed through its intelligent global network, which gets smarter with every request. As a result, they see significant improvement in performance and a decrease in spam and other attacks. Cloudflare was recognized by the World Economic Forum as a Technology Pioneer and named to Entrepreneur Magazine’s Top Company Cultures list.
We realize people do not fit into neat boxes. We are looking for curious and empathetic individuals who are committed to developing themselves and learning new skills, and we are ready to help you do that. We cannot complete our mission without building a diverse and inclusive team. We hire the best people based on an evaluation of their potential and support them throughout their time at Cloudflare. Come join us!
About the Role
The Marketing Technology and Platforms team architects, builds, and manages the websites, systems, tools, and analytics platforms that enable Cloudflare to effectively market and sell its services at scale. We are looking for a Marketing Operations and Lead Management expert to join our team to drive tight data and functional integration between our website and customer signup pipeline, as well as marketing lead nurturing and sales qualification processes. This unique opportunity will allow you to own measurement and attribution of our B2B marketing and drive sales marketing alignment through process and technology. You’ll play a key role in exploring innovative ways of influencing B2B buyers using techniques such as “conversational marketing” and “behavioral segmentation”.
You will work with cross functional teams such as Demand Generation, Digital, Field Marketing, Web Engineers, Sales Development Reps, and Sales Operations to design, build and deliver meaningful conversations across multiple channels that resonates with prospects. You put the user experience first but also have a growth mindset and thrive on improving conversion and ultimately revenue.
What you'll do
- Understand the B2B prospect lifecycle journey to identify opportunities for growth and optimization.
- Collaborate with Sales Operations, Demand Generation and Field Marketing to continuously improve the scoring model in the Marketing Automation platform.
- Drive strategy and implementation across multiple marketing channels such as the website, display advertising, email, social and more to effectively engage prospects top of funnel.
- Define and execute ongoing lifecycle experimentation efforts and regularly share best practices and key learnings with cross functional teams.
- Evaluate new technologies and systems to improve and optimize performance.
- Effectively measure Marketing campaign attribution and pipeline using both Salesforce and multi touch attribution platform.
- Promote a culture of creativity, collaboration, accountability and innovation within the team.
Examples of desirable skills, knowledge and experience
- 5+ years of experience of marketing operations and/or sales operations experience at B2B Technology organization.
- 2+ years of demand generation and or sales development experience.
- Hands on and/or similar experiences with marketing and sales technology tools such as Marketo, Eloqua, Hubspot, Salesforce, Bizible, LeanData, Adroll, Drift, Google Analytics, Google Optimize.
- Marketo Certified Expert and/or Salesforce Certified Administrator is strongly preferred.
- Strong understanding of marketing automation and demand generation best practices.
- Self-starter and leader who is highly accountable and communicative.
- Results-oriented, solid work ethic with excellent attention to detail.
- Strong collaboration and persuasion skills.
- Innovative, motivated, organized, high energy team player.
- SaaS experience at B2B2C a plus.
- Previous experience with Growth marketing a plus.
What Makes Cloudflare Special?
We’re not just a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company. We’re a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company with a soul. Fundamental to our mission to help build a better Internet is protecting the free and open Internet.
Project Galileo: We equip politically and artistically important organizations and journalists with powerful tools to defend themselves against attacks that would otherwise censor their work, technology already used by Cloudflare’s enterprise customers--at no cost.
Project Athenian: We created Athenian Project to ensure that state and local governments have the highest level of protection and reliability for free, so that their constituents have access to election information and voter registration.
Path Forward Partnership: Since 2016, we have partnered with Path Forward, a nonprofit organization, to create 16-week positions for mid-career professionals who want to get back to the workplace after taking time off to care for a child, parent, or loved one.
Sound like something you’d like to be a part of? We’d love to hear from you!
Cloudflare is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all people and place great value in both diversity and inclusiveness. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to their, or any other person's, perceived or actual race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, or any other basis protected by law. We are an AA/Veterans/Disabled Employer.
Cloudflare provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job. Examples of reasonable accommodations include, but are not limited to, changing the application process, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job, please contact us via e-mail at [email protected] or via mail at 101 Townsend St. San Francisco, CA 94107.