Marketing Program Manager, Events
BigCommerce is disrupting the e-commerce industry as the SaaS leader for fast- growing, mid-market businesses. We enable our customers to build intuitive and engaging stores at a fraction of the cost to support every stage of their growth.
BigCommerce, named "Best Place to Work" in Austin in 2018 is looking for an Events Program Manager to support partner marketing event planning and execution to generate qualified marketing leads and educate our partner ecosystem. In this role, you will be responsible for the logistics and coordination of owned events, assist in the creation of integrated marketing campaigns around each event, and provide analysis for continuous event process improvement.
The ideal candidate will be detail oriented, highly organized and comfortable working on time-sensitive projects while also being creative and think able to think outside-the-box.
What you’ll do
- Own strategy and planning surrounding owned partner events and participation in partner ecosystem events
- Own pre-event activities for a set of events including venue selection and booth logistics (i.e. furniture, electrical, & internet orders, as well as booth set-up/tear-down efforts)
- Coordinate appropriate staff, including registration and travel accommodations
- Work with internal stakeholders to procure branded materials for events, including brochure collateral and giveaways
- Work with partners and team members to define, plan and create content and implement special projects such as campaign or partner marketing activities
- Partner with stakeholders such as Product Marketing and Sales Enablement to develop content to promote events through social media and email campaigns
- Brainstorm creative ways to drive booth traffic
- Travel to and support on-site execution of key events
- Partner with Sales Operations team to ensure accurate processing of show leads and distribution to sales
- Track expenses to manage overall budget
- Maintain detailed events calendar and distribute to key stakeholders
- Analyze event success using metrics such as lead generation, budget management, and Sales & Marketing stakeholder feedback
- Proactively provide feedback to cross-functional stakeholders to improve future events.
- Other duties as assigned.
Who you are
- 3-5 years related experience (i.e. marketing, events, logistics, etc.), ideally including 1-3 years experience planning trade shows and business marketing events
- Undergraduate Degree required, preferably in marketing or communications
- Action Oriented - Self-starter with a ‘get it done’ attitude and excitement to learn new skills. You enjoy working hard, are full of energy for challenges, and seize opportunities more than others.
- Collaborative - You have a true team mentality (your work requires collaboration with partners across Sales, Business Development, Marketing, and much more) and demonstrated success working cross-functionally in larger organizations, and have the ability to forge strong bonds and work collaboratively with key external and internal partners.
- Customer Focused - You want to deliver the best experience possible for future and current customers, as helping our customers’ businesses grow is the #1 goal at BigCommerce.
- Project Manager - You have out-of-this-world project management skills with the ability to multi-task and complete projects flawlessly under tight project deadlines without much supervision. Furthermore, you excel at prioritization and know what to measure and how to measure it.
- Communicator - Excellent written/verbal communication and relationship skills are critical both working with people internally and externally.
- Composed - You know how to execute consistently in a fast-paced, high pressure, dynamic environment and carry out self-directed responsibilities.
- Personable - You are seen as positive, energetic, and exude a strong sense of teamwork by working effectively, respectfully, and efficiently with all team members.
- Agile - You enjoy working in a fast-paced environment, are comfortable with change, and have a willingness to roll up your sleeves and get the job done, whatever it takes
- Tech Savvy - You are more than comfortable working in Google suite (Gmail, Docs, Sheets, etc.) as well as Microsoft Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, and Word. Experience with Marketo and/or Salesforce.com is a plus.
- Ethical - You believe in our mission, share our values and understand that it’s not just about what you get done, but also how you do it.
- Willing and Able to Travel - Travel up to 30% of the time to organize events is required, may include travel on some evenings and weekends.
We have the opportunity to build not only a great business, but a great company, with soul. Our beliefs and commitment to diversity and inclusion are a central part of achieving that.
Our dedication to diversity and inclusion is grounded in two things: a moral belief in the dignity, value, and potential of every individual, and a practical belief that diverse, inclusive teams will create the best outcomes for our customers, partners, employees, and company. We welcome everyone to be a part of our journey.