Marketing Specialist at Chive Media Group
Chive Media Group is looking for a kick ass Marketing Specialist to help take our digital media marketing team to the next level.
As our Marketing Specialist, you will manage all of theCHIVE's marketing channels and continue to optimize and grow those channels with the main goal of growing theCHIVE's fanbase. Chive Media Group's business is split between Media and eCommerce and this role focuses 80% of their time on media while working in concert with the eCommerce Head of Marketing to sell Chivery products via the media website.
Hailed the "masters of marketing" by Bloomberg's Businessweek, co-founders John and Leo Resig have revolutionized media brands in the world with theCHIVE.
This role reports directly to the co-founder and President, John Resig.
- Develop objectives, goals, strategies and tactics to grow theCHIVE’s online and app audience
Ownership and execution of the 2 of the 3 buckets of theCHIVE Marketing including “Owned” (Company/product website, content merchandising marketing strategy, social media channels, iOS & Android app pages, LinkedIn, email, emerging audience dev channels), “Earned” (SEO, PR, Word of mouth/virality)
This person will share the 3rd marketing bucket with the current User Acquisition team, “Paid” (Google/YouTube PPC, FB Ads Manager, Other industry-specific traffic channels including Outbrain, Taboola, Gemini, New fan-acquisition channels, App CPI campaigns)
Not looking for a “growth hacker”. Looking for someone who is creative but also has a business acumen and can marry creative with human nature with stats to implement tactics to optimize traffic and user engagement
Respect the funnel but know how to operate outside of the classic marketing tactics. We’re not afraid of bat-shit-crazy stunts
Lead creative conception, development, execution of regular thematic campaigns. Manage planning and scheduling with peers
Must play well with others and work with everyone from the executive team to colleagues that sit outside of the media department. Marketing touches everything
Manage all CHIVE house ads across all platforms
Manage The Chivery content-to-commerce, which is the secret sauce that theCHIVE is famous for
Converting mobile users to app users
Organize CHIVE HQ Tour program and execute
Manage all sweepstakes, give-aways and treasure hunts
- Must not be too Junior or too Senior
- Must be hungry and eager to prove success consistently
- Must be creative with an eye for design
- Email campaign experience
- Creative writer (wear the copywriter hat)
- Understand the movement that is theCHIVE
- Positive, optimistic attitude
- Digital media publishing experience
- College graduate
- Digital marketing Swiss army knife; must be able to operate at both 5 feet (get shit done) and 50,000 feet (set strategy for other people to get shit done)
Compensation & Benefits:
- Competitive insurance plans
- Company 401(k) match
- Open vacation policy
- Dog friendly
- Lunch 3 times a week at HQ
- Dynamic office environment
- So much more!
- Disclaimer: This job requires a high tolerance of thrill rides with side effects of making people happy