Marketing Strategist (Content Marketing, SEO, PR)
Join a growing company that was named a Best Places to Work by the Austin Business Journal!
Effective Spend is hiring a Marketing Strategist to help lead the growth of our company by taking our new client acquisition and brand awareness to the next level. The Marketing Strategist is responsible for developing and implementing integrated marketing strategies, including content marketing, public relations, SEO and digital advertising.
The ideal candidate is an excellent writer, relationship builder and project manager. Experience working in content marketing, SEO and/or public relations is required. Familiarity with HTML, WordPress and Photoshop or other graphic design software is also a plus.
About Effective Spend
Effective Spend is a digital marketing agency founded in 2008 and is one of the fastest growing digital marketing agencies in Texas. Thanks to our high quality of work and excellent client relationships, the agency has grown very organically over the years through word of mouth and client referrals. We are now poised to solidify our brand among the top digital marketing agencies in the US and amplify our growth!
- Content Development – Ideate and produce high quality content that will improve our SEO, generate leads and help our business development team close more opportunities.
- Website Management & Evolution – Improve website user experience and content to help increase lead conversion rate and increase search engine rankings. Learn basic HTML and use WordPress to make updates/add content to the site. Manage external web development resources as needed to implement technical changes to site.
- Digital Public Relations – Monitor and manage HARO requests, pitch for contributor posts and build relationships with reporters in order to secure high-value press links to help improve our domain authority and site rankings and build our brand reputation.
- Social Media Management – Manage our social media properties and develop content to promote our brand for both new business and talent acquisition purposes.
- Digital Advertising – build out, manage and optimize paid advertising campaigns to generate leads for the agency.
Qualifications & Skills Requirements:
- 4-year Bachelor’s degree in marketing, public relations, advertising or communications
- 1-2 years of experience working in content marketing, SEO and/or public relations is required.
- Superior writing skills – Proven skills in blog/content writing, PR pitches, case study development, and/or web content.
- Project/Production Management – Ability to manage all of the many moving parts of different projects to get content and campaigns produced, published and promoted.
- Organizational skills/attention to detail
- Relationship building – Comfortable pitching ideas to reporters and effective at building relationships to achieve future coverage.
- Analytical Ability – experience analyzing website and SEO metrics.
- Familiarity with HTML, Wordpress and Photopshop or other graphic design software a plus.
- Familiarity with marketing automation and CRM systems also a plus.
Effective Spend is proud to be named a Top 10 Best Places to Work by the Austin Business Journal. Here are some of the ways we support an awesome company culture:
- Competitive paid time off
- Additional volunteer PTO days
- Medical, dental and vision healthcare plans
- 401k with company matching
- Bonuses for employee and client referrals
- Fun team outings and social sports like soccer, cornhole and kickball
- Foosball, chess and other games in the office for a quick break
- Great office location within walking distance of the hike and bike trail, downtown and numerous coffee shops and lunch spots
- Snacks, fresh fruit, drinks and plenty of fresh-ground coffee
How to Apply:
Please send us your resume and a cover letter explaining your interest and related qualifications. Your cover letter is an opportunity to show off your writing skills, highlight your relevant experience, and prove your attention to detail. So show us what you’ve got! We look forward to hearing from you.