Marketing Strategist at Mighty Citizen
Mighty Citizen is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes everyone to our team. We strongly encourage people of color, LGBTQ and non-binary people, veterans, parents, and individuals with disabilities to apply. If you need reasonable accommodation at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.
- Consult directly with clients to help them meet their business objectives through both marketing and content efforts, including marketing strategies and plans.
- Establish, implement, and optimize online and offline marketing strategies for Mighty Citizen and clients.
- Create strategic audits of client organizations and identify opportunities that will impact and move the needle for those clients.
- Create content for clients, including but not limited to, articles, whitepapers, emails, social posts, etc.
- Contribute content to company publications and presentations, including sales presentations as needed.
- Support and assist with the Mighty Citizen marketing department’s planning, calendar, budget, and tasks.
- Manage partnership, influencer, and event strategy for clients and for Mighty Citizen.
- Develop and measure key strategic metrics, leveraging data and analytics to drive insights.
- Work collaboratively with our User Experience, Project Management, Development, and Design teams, and any outside consultants, as marketing efforts are put into production.
- Represent Mighty Citizen at industry conferences and events, either as a speaker or attendee.
- Review and improve existing internal systems and processes.
- Provide sales support including assistance with RFPs and proposal drafts, and attendance at sales meetings (as needed).
- Other tasks as necessary to make you and the company more successful.
- A positive attitude with team members and clients.
- Highly developed organizational, collaboration, and written/verbal communication skills.
- Proactive, organized, and can juggle multiple projects at once.
- Expert knowledge of best practices and standards related to marketing strategy, SEO, marketing automation, and analytics.
- Experience managing project communication, budgets, and scope for multiple projects.
- Expertise leading stakeholders through marketing discovery activities.
- A history of successfully managing multiple duties in a fast-paced collaborative team environment.
- Ability to manage time effectively; and focus on details.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of clients, potential clients, or employees of the organization.
- Ability to work independently or with our collaborative team, without close supervision.
- Ability to collect meaningful data and draw solid conclusions.
- Ability to work in an office or home environment as well as to travel to client offices.
- Demonstrated ability to meet and exceed specific goals.
- Willingness to take responsibility and share ideas for improvement of agency work.
- At least 5 years professional experience managing strategic marketing efforts.
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A./B.S.) from four-year college or university; or commensurate experience in areas referenced above.
- Significant knowledge of current industry standards including those that apply to digital marketing, content strategy, and user experience design.
- Significant experience gathering and using marketing data, such as keyword research, industry reports, competitive analysis, and Google Analytics data, to establish and implement online and offline strategies, improve user experience, and measurably improve marketing effectiveness.
- Significant experience creating and presenting content deliverables, including marketing plans, content plans, and analytics reporting.
- Proficient level experience with Google Analytics, including goal creation and custom report development. Certification in Google Analytics preferred, but not required.
- Proficient level experience with Google AdWords and Bing Ads, including setup and maintenance of AdWords campaigns, landing page strategy, and display advertising best practices. Certification in Google AdWords preferred, but not required.
- Significant experience integrating best practices into websites using common SEO and SEM tools.
- Experience with Google Search Console, Google Tag Manager, Google Data Studio, and other technical SEO tools preferred.
- Experience with email marketing and one or more popular marketing automation platforms, such as Eloqua, Pardot, Marketo, Hubspot, or others, preferred.
- Experience with print or traditional media outlets.
- Exceptional interpersonal communication and presentation skills, including the ability to tactfully deliver and accept honest criticism.