Marketing Strategy & Planning Director at Cloudflare
About the role
Cloudflare is hiring a Marketing Strategy & Planning Director to drive key initiatives across our global Marketing team. As an experienced Marketing leader, you will report to the CMO and own large-scale cross functional projects to operationalize key marketing initiatives across the organization. Your previous hands-on experience driving product marketing, demand generation, and sales enablement will drive well-coordinated go-to-market motions across Cloudflare. This role is expected to frequently stand up new projects, own initiatives end-to-end in the short term, and then effectively hand off projects in the longer term as resources are aligned.
What you'll do
You will work with Marketing leadership and other leaders across the company to drive the annual and quarterly planning process, weekly business reviews, and other go-to-market initiatives. You’ll be responsible for ensuring key performance indicators are accurately measured and communicated. Using a data-driven approach, you’ll ensure that departmental goals are prioritized, investments are optimized, and that teams are well aligned to deliver results. Partnering closely with Sales Operations, you’ll drive continuous alignment on enabling our entire sales team from BDRs to AEs to SEs to CSMs. You’ll also coordinate and manage department program spend and headcount budgets in close cooperation with finance business partners.
- Identify areas of strategic importance and engage the right people and data to focus executive time and attention on rapid resolution of thorny strategic problems
- Design and execute initiatives that contribute to long-term operational excellence, ensuring key projects have clear milestones, success measures, and operational plans.
- Manage the program spend and headcount budget effectively by collaborating and taking inputs across the Marketing Leadership Team and delivering headcount or budget investment models.
- Coordinate, plan, and operate regular business performance reviews, strategic planning, budgets, program investments, and allocations across functional areas
- Own the quarterly goal setting process and foster alignment across the marketing functions and ensure progress and tracking towards goals.
- Lead projects that align to specific business challenges. This role is expected to frequently stand up new projects, own initiatives end-to-end in the short term, and then effectively hand off projects to other teams in the longer term as resources are aligned.
- Create strong cross-functional relationships with key business partners across the Marketing, Sales, Customer Success, Sales Operations, Product, and Finance organizations.
- You'll drive the annual strategic planning process for the team and help organize, track, and evaluate the impact of our strategies and initiatives over time.
Skills / Experience
- 10-15+ years of experience in go-to-market function for a Software/SaaS technology company; prior experience in an product marketing / demand generation leadership role preferred
- Exceptionally strong program management skills
- Strong people development and leadership skills; able to manage multiple extended or virtual teams and influence across the organization
- Collaborative team player who also knows how to ‘get things done’
- Executive-level written and visual presentation skills.
- Knowledgeable about how a broad marketing team operates: from Product Marketing to Growth Marketing to Partner Marketing to Marketing Operations.
- Domain and industry experience in SaaS, cloud, networking, and/or security
- Full-stack program management experience: able to dig in and figure out the details, yet roll it all up to an easy to understand team and executive level
- Ability to connect the dots between functions and processes in terms of broader business implications, including tactical, strategic, and enterprise dependencies, with an awareness of the up/downstream requirements
- Strong financial modeling capabilities and advanced/expert user of spreadsheets to manage and process large data sets
- Able to provide clear, concise, transparent, and insightful communication to the team, executives, and a diverse set of stakeholders.
- BS/BA degree in Marketing, Business, Finance, Engineering, or related field (MBA highly preferred)
What Makes Cloudflare Special?
We’re not just a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company. We’re a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company with a soul. Fundamental to our mission to help build a better Internet is protecting the free and open Internet.
Project Galileo: We equip politically and artistically important organizations and journalists with powerful tools to defend themselves against attacks that would otherwise censor their work, technology already used by Cloudflare’s enterprise customers--at no cost.
Athenian Project: We created Athenian Project to ensure that state and local governments have the highest level of protection and reliability for free, so that their constituents have access to election information and voter registration.
Path Forward Partnership: Since 2016, we have partnered with Path Forward, a nonprofit organization, to create 16-week positions for mid-career professionals who want to get back to the workplace after taking time off to care for a child, parent, or loved one.
220.127.116.11: We released 18.104.22.168 to help fix the foundation of the Internet by building a faster, more secure and privacy-centric public DNS resolver. This is available publicly for everyone to use - it is the first consumer-focused service Cloudflare has ever released. Here’s the deal - we don’t store client IP addresses never, ever. We will continue to abide by our privacy commitment and ensure that no user data is sold to advertisers or used to target consumers.
Sound like something you’d like to be a part of? We’d love to hear from you!
This position may require access to information protected under U.S. export control laws, including the U.S. Export Administration Regulations. Please note that any offer of employment may be conditioned on your authorization to receive software or technology controlled under these U.S. export laws without sponsorship for an export license.
Cloudflare is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all people and place great value in both diversity and inclusiveness. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to their, or any other person's, perceived or actual race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, or any other basis protected by law. We are an AA/Veterans/Disabled Employer.
Cloudflare provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job. Examples of reasonable accommodations include, but are not limited to, changing the application process, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job, please contact us via e-mail at [email protected] or via mail at 101 Townsend St. San Francisco, CA 94107.