Mortgage Manager - Austin, TX
Amherst is revolutionizing the way U.S. real estate is priced, managed and financed in order to unlock opportunities for all market participants. Driven by data, analytics and technology, Amherst has a 20-year history of anticipating where the next risks and opportunities are likely to emerge and designing actionable strategies for investors to capitalize on opportunities across residential real estate, commercial real estate and public securities. Amherst, along with its affiliates and subsidiaries, has more than 1,000 employees, $5 billion under management and approximately $15 billion under advisement and oversight. In 2019, Bungalo sold its 250th home, and Amherst managed it 25,000th home. To learn more, please visit www.amherst.com.
Bungalo is on a mission to completely reinvent what it means to buy a home by creating a high quality, customer-centric experience that is truly end-to-end. To drive real innovation in single family residential real estate you have to own the product. By owning the homes it sells, Bungalo Homes is in a unique position to reimagine the consumer experience and serve its customers well beyond the transaction.
If you think that the home buying, selling, and financing experience should be radically improved for consumers, join Bungalo’s team of real estate, mortgage, and technology experts, as we help drive the industry forward.
We are looking for a customer centric Mortgage Manager to join our newly built mortgage brokerage business, Bungalo Mortgage, an affiliate business of Bungalo Homes.
About the Role:
- Focus on scaling early stage mortgage broker operations into a self-sustaining business
- Act as a player-coach to begin, working with your LO to provide sustained coverage for clients and ensure optimal turnaround times and follow up
- Responsible for all day-to-day administrative control over mortgage broker operations, ensuring compliance with all lending regulations, internal audit requirements, and company policies and procedures
- Hire branch personnel, and motivate staff to achieve maximum production levels through strong individual sales performance, coaching, and leadership
- Develop sales strategies in collaboration with marketing to generate leads and optimize conversion
- Compose systematic pipeline reports to share progress and production projections with executive team
- Biased towards action, unafraid to get in the weeds and personally do the work necessary to grow a business
- Enjoy being regarded as a leader and subject matter expert in your field
- Demonstrated strong problem-solving and decision-making skills
- Passionate about motivating and helping individuals reach their full potential
- Excited about emerging technology and developing industry trends
- Comfortable in fast-paced and dynamic environments
- Strongly value integrity and privacy
- Minimum of 5 years of mortgage banking/origination experience
- NMLS SAFE ACT compliant and holds a minimum of one active license
- Two years of management in a sales supervisor or other leadership role preferred
- Strong understanding of Purchase loan transactions
- Expert knowledge of agency and government loan programs (FNMA/FHLMC, FHA/VA, etc)
- Comfortable with technology; proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite products (i.e. Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint)
- Experience using Salesforce preferred
- Degree from a 4-year accredited college or university or other commensurate experience
What We Offer:
Amherst’s WeWork office is located on Barton Springs Rd. near the heart of downtown Austin and within walking distance of Lady Bird Lake.
- A competitive compensation package, annual bonus, 401k match
- Flexible PTO, 8 paid holidays
- Employer-paid benefits (medical, dental, vision, health savings account)
- Stellar colleagues with proven track records
- Parking pass provided (parking located in the Palmer Events Center across the street)
- Free sodas, kombucha, cold brew, and snacks
- Monthly lunch stipends and breakfast tacos on Thursdays!
- Monthly/Weekly office events!
Bungalo is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information or veteran status, and encourage all applicants to apply.