Paid Acquisition Manager at Self Financial
About Self and our mission
Self Financial, Inc. helps consumers establish and build credit history. We are a venture backed, financial services startup based in Austin, TX. At Self, our mission is to help millions of people build credit and save money on their journey toward financial security.
There are about 100 million people in the US who have low credit scores or who have no access to credit at all. Sadly, there arenʼt many options for these people. Most banks arenʼt doing anything material to change the situation because itʼs not profitable for them to do so. Bad credit or no credit history can be barriers to renting an apartment or getting certain jobs, let alone buying a car or house. And if you can get a loan with a low credit score, youʼre very likely to pay a lot more in interest over the life of that loan.
Our team is passionate about challenging the status quo of the credit industry by giving people accessible and affordable tools to take control of their credit. Executing on our mission requires deep collaboration across our teams to ensure our products reach the people who can most benefit from them.
We're looking for people who share a passion for our mission and relate to why we do what we do. At Self, we want to work with people who are driven to tackle challenges, bring unique perspectives, find solutions and help make the financial space a better place for our consumers. We recognize that it takes different people and personalities to make our products – and our company – truly great. We only seek the best.
If you are someone who is equally passionate as we are, we want to chat with you.
About the Paid Acquisition Manager Role:
As part of the performance marketing team, the Paid Acquisition Manager is primarily responsible for managing the day-to-day optimization of Google Ads campaigns to improve CPA and ROAS, while driving increased user acquisition volume.
You will drive the day-to-day Google Ads campaign management and optimization, including paid search, display, youtube, app campaigns, and more. You’ll be responsible for a meaningful portion of our user acquisition budget while you are constantly analyzing campaign data to drive increases in KPIs through a test and iterate approach.
As part of a fast-growing, yet lean, venture-backed financial technology startup, you will need to be able to make decisions quickly while learning from others on your team. You will report to the Director of Performance Marketing and work closely with others in marketing, product, and analytics.
- Manage the strategy, planning, and execution of paid user acquisition campaigns within Google Ads, including paid search, youtube, display ads, gmail ads, discovery ads, app campaigns, and more.
- Grow purchasing users across both mobile app and web properties, focusing on hitting CPA & ROAS targets, all while assessing user quality, churn, and LTV.
- Work with the Director of Performance Marketing to establish best practices and optimization strategies for campaigns
- Perform standard optimization procedures for various campaign types, including ad creative testing, query mining, adgroup restructuring, bidding analysis, and more.
- Conduct keyword and audience research to expand campaigns and find new opportunity
- Develop an effective ad creative testing process, collaborating with in-house and external designers.
- Improve post click conversion through landing page optimization utilizing standard web page testing best practices and landing page design tools.
- Identify fluctuations in performance across campaigns and assess and execute tactics to rightsize issues in KPIs
- Report on performance to key marketing and company stakeholders
- Stay up-to-date on the latest Google Ads and industry best practices to improve performance
- B.S. or M.S. degree and 4+ years experience in paid search, PPC, or Google Ads.
- Experience with major ads platforms such as Google Ads (Search, GDN, YouTube, and UAC campaigns), Facebook Ads, or Snap Ads.
- Experience manipulating large data sets in MS Excel (Experience in BI Tools such as Tableau, Google Data Studio, or Looker is a plus)
- Experience in paid search, and optimizing large keyword sets.
- Experience in A/B testing to drive KPI improvement
- Analytical/Data driven mindset (SQL knowledge is a plus!)
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, start-up environment
- Organization, planning, and prioritization skills are a must
- Competitive Pay
- Stock options
- Generous employer-paid health, vision and dental insurance coverage
- Enjoy our vacation policy – there is no policy, balance matters
- Educational assistance
- Free gym membership
- Plenty of snacks and drinks provided
- Casual dress code
- Catered company lunches on Mondays and Wednesdays (when in office work resumes)
- Team happy hours and events (when in office work resumes)
- Downtown Austin office space
- Monthly COVID Stipend
- Remote work arrangements/ Flexible work schedule (due to the pandemic)