Paid Media Specialist at Self Financial
Self Financial, Inc. helps consumers establish and build credit history. We are a venture-backed, financial services startup based in Austin, TX. At Self, our mission is to help millions of people build credit and save money on their journey toward financial security.
There are about 100 million people in the US who have low credit scores or who have no access to credit at all. Sadly, there aren’t many options for these people. Most banks aren’t doing anything material to change the situation because it’s not profitable for them to do so. Bad credit or no credit history can be barriers to renting an apartment or getting certain jobs, let alone buying a car or house. And if you can get a loan with a low credit score, you’re very likely to pay a lot more in interest over the life of that loan.
Our team is passionate about challenging the status quo of the credit industry by giving people accessible and affordable tools to take control of their credit. Executing on our mission requires deep collaboration across our teams to ensure our products reach the people who can most benefit from them.
We're looking for people who share a passion for our mission and relate to why we do what we do. At Self, we want to work with people who are driven to tackle challenges, bring unique perspectives, find solutions and help make the financial space a better place for our consumers. We recognize that it takes different people and personalities to make our products – and our company – truly great. We only seek the best.
If you are someone who is equally passionate as we are, we want to chat with you.
About the Role:
As part of the performance marketing team, the Paid Media Specialist is primarily responsible for managing the day-to-day optimization of paid marketing campaigns to improve CPA and ROAS, while driving increased user acquisition volume.
You will drive the day-to-day campaign management and optimization of our core acquisition channels and be responsible for a meaningful portion of our user acquisition budget. You will be constantly analyzing campaign data to drive increases in KPIs through a test and iterate approach.
As part of a fast-growing, yet lean, venture-backed financial technology startup, you will need to be able to make decisions quickly while learning from others on your team. You will report to the Director of Performance Marketing and work closely with others in marketing, product, and analytics.
- Help manage the planning and execution of paid user acquisition campaigns across Google, Facebook, Snapchat & other media partners.
- Grow purchasing users across both mobile app and web properties, focusing on hitting CPA & ROAS targets, all while assessing user quality, churn, and LTV.
- Collaborate with internal teams, and/or agency partners to grow campaigns
- Create campaigns, and structure and execute upon bid, audience, and ad tests to improve campaign performance.
- Collaborate with in-house and external designers to iterate on and create ads to drive creative testing.
- Improve post click conversion through landing page optimization utilizing standard web page testing best practices and landing page design tools.
- Identify fluctuations in performance across campaigns and assess and execute tactics to rightsize issues in KPIs
- Report on performance to key marketing and company stakeholders
- Continually leverage new tools and industry best practices
- B.S. or M.S. degree and 1-2 years experience in paid media and user acquisition.
- Experience with major ads platforms such as Google Ads (Search, GDN, YouTube, and UAC campaigns), Facebook Ads, Snap Ads, or Programmatic Display Experience
- Experience with mobile app acquisition, and MMP platforms such as Adjust, AppsFlyer, Kochava, etc.
- Experience in A/B testing to drive KPI improvement
- Analytical/Data driven mindset (SQL knowledge is a plus!)
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, start-up environment
- Organization, planning, and prioritization skills are a must
Our compensation and benefits are competitive, but there's one thing that Self Financial can offer that many startups cannot: we can positively change the world, while making a profit. Over 64 million adults in the U.S. do not have a credit score due to a lack of credit history. Self is solving this problem with innovative technology and partnerships.
Our perks include:
- Competitive Pay
- Stock options
- Generous employer-paid health, vision and dental insurance coverage
- Enjoy our vacation policy – there is no policy, balance matters
- Educational assistance
- Free gym membership
- Plenty of snacks and drinks provided
- Casual dress code
- Catered company lunches on Mondays and Wednesdays
- Team happy hours and events
- Downtown Austin office space
How we act with each other is how we act with our customers. We are direct, transparent and respectful, and we hope you embrace that approach.
Self Financial requires all employees hired to successfully pass a background check.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.