Paid Search Associate
ABOUT THIS POSITION
Aceable has big growth targets and this role will be critical to hitting our numbers. The role combines the creative and analytical, as you’ll develop and grow Aceable’s paid media opportunities through data analysis, testing, and campaign management using the latest platforms and technology available. We’re looking for detail oriented people with experience in building campaigns, performing deep analysis, and meeting performance criteria in paid search, social, or display. This role will continually build, test, and tweak campaigns to maximize effectiveness by having an intimate understanding of the underlying data to execute campaign optimizations utilizing structured best practices. You’ll have the opportunity to learn and grow in a fast paced media environment where every day is a new and exciting challenge for you to overcome. If you are results-focused, scrappy, and smart, you will fit in here.
Aceable is a mobile education platform that focuses on creating affordable, engaging and convenient online courses available across all of your mobile devices. Built by former teachers, NASA engineers, and those passionate about education, the Austin-based team is obsessed with helping people reach life goals and milestones through online certification.
After launching its first mobile app to provide accredited driver's ed courses, Aceable expanded into real estate education and is quickly becoming one of the leading online real estate schools in Texas. To date, Aceable touts more than 450,000 users and counting across all verticals, as it continues to expand nationwide.
Named by the Austin Business Journal as one of the Best Places to Work in Austin in 2017 & 2018 and winner of the Austin Chamber of Commerce’s Austin A-List for the Hottest Growing Startup in 2017. Aceable fosters a creative and collaborative culture whose overall mission is to impact as many student lives as possible.
ABOUT YOUR NEW TEAM
The Aceable marketing team is made of some of the hardest working, smartest people in their fields. We thrive in a fast paced, constantly changing environment where cross channel communication and collaboration is key. We pride ourselves on quickly solving challenges with new and innovative solutions, and we have fun doing it!
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Conduct deep daily analysis to determine campaign effectiveness and identify opportunities
- Execute on projects across multiple verticals with a highly collaborative, fast paced team
- Manage budgets/bids to maximize return across keywords and audiences
- Build campaigns, conduct keyword and audience research, review and edit ad creative/copy
- Audit and QA campaign buildouts, settings, and structures to ensure nothing slipped through the cracks
- Provide regular reporting and performance updates to communicate successes, inconsistencies, under‐performance, or any other campaign related metrics
- Assist in streamlining daily and weekly reporting needs
- Continuously improve performance through testing, leveraging campaign analytics
- Create and test various ad units in collaboration with creative teams
- Create opportunities through staying current with new channels, software, and industry best practices
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
- 2+ years of relevant experience managing paid search
- Expertise in Google Adwords and Bing Ads
- Expert in Excel and pivot tables
- Experience in writing ad copy, ad text testing, adjusting bids, segmenting keywords, query mining, negating, and funneling, and adjusting modifiers
- Understanding of the relationship between all funnel metrics. At what rate does each metric affect each other? If one metric is down, is it up or down funnel of other metrics? If 5 metrics are down...which ones do we focus on, and prioritize addressing?
- Ability to run what-if analyses and present multiple scenarios to inform decision making
- Passion for pulling data, analyzing it, making quick decisions, and defending those decisions with data
- Strong instincts toward continual growth and optimization, creating efficiencies and best practices within your team
- Impeccable time management
- Highly organized, detail-oriented and adapt quickly in a fast-paced environment
- Attention to detail in producing deliverables while managing multiple priorities
- Enjoyment with working as part of a team, and the nimbleness necessary to work on a project with multiple other people
- Passion for learning, tackling new challenges and achieving results
- Experience with thin-spread accounts
- Experience with restructuring accounts without a dip in performance
- Ability to write scripts
- Join one of Austin's Best Places to Work in 2017 and 2018
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Generous paid time off
- Passionate, high-achieving teammates excited to help you succeed and learn
- Our own space on the top floor of a downtown building
- A team meal every week
- Fully stocked drink fridges and snacks + cold brew coffee on tap
- Company events & other activities (Holiday parties, Happy hours, quarterly volunteering)
- Transportation stipend
- Education stipend
At Aceable we celebrate and support all differences. Aceable is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital, disability, and veteran status.
Read Full Job Description