Here at BigCommerce, we are always on the lookout for top talent. The position you are applying for is in a high growth area of our business but may not be active at this time. So please note, when you apply for this position you will receive a response but will not receive feedback on your application until the position is active. In the meantime, the best way to stay up to date with BigCommerce, our career opportunities, and our plans to redefine the e-commerce industry is to join our global talent network, BigNetwork.
BigCommerce, named a "Best Place to Work" in Austin 2019, is looking for a Paid Social Marketing Manager. At BigCommerce, you’ll have the opportunity to positively influence the trajectory of a billion dollar company in a trillion dollar industry. You must have a proven track record of consistently exceeding goals driving MRR and revenue growth through competitive and high-performing Paid Social efforts. This role will allow you to work across the entire marketing group; including the Digital, Product, Automation, Creative and Content teams.
What You’ll Do:
- Drive, build and grow our paid social program with a relentless focus on creating a targeted, high-value, revenue generation funnel.
- Own the strategy, launch, administration, optimization and budget for all paid social media efforts.
- Lead day-to-day operation and management of all paid social efforts.
- Partner with organic social media and digital content leaders to develop campaigns, offers, audiences, and funnels that resonate with our targeted personas.
- Support buildout and implementation of all campaign related social media tactics for BUs, Partner Marketing and international regions
- Build strong and relevant audiences within social platforms and leverage them to drive growth.
- Gather and analyze data to make informed decisions for bidding strategy, creative testing, and landing page performance.
- KPI’s - focus on improving metrics that move the needle toward specific goals.
- Manage the reporting and communication of results within the marketing and product teams and to relevant campaign stakeholders.
- Test, test and then test some more. Ongoing audience, geographical, behavioral and creative tests will be a priority and a part of a consistent and structured testing schedule.
- Forward thinking and experimenting with the latest algorithm changes and beta-testing opportunities
- Ensure accomplishment of goals, this includes lead volumes, revenue, margins, and related performance metrics.
- Strategize cross-functionally with marketing, sales, design, and product for maximum impact.
Who You Are:
- Undergraduate degree in marketing, business, math, finance, communications, or a related field
- 5+ highly successful years direct experience in paid social marketing, ideally with 2+ years experience in demand generation for software vertical
- Technically Experienced
- Tracking (eg. Pixel configuration & implementation)
- Audience Building & Data Mining (eg. Facebook, Adwords, Linkedin, Twitter)
- Project Management (JIRA)
- Analytics (eg. Google Analytics, Segment, MixPanel)
- Data APIs (eg. Clearbit, Datanyze)
- CMS (eg. WordPress, Craft)
- CRM (eg. Salesforce, Marketo)
- HTML, CSS, JS knowledge preferred
- Strong Process and Project Manager - You can readily design practices, processes, and prioritizations, implement multiple campaigns simultaneously, and report on results.
- Strategist - You understand how paid social can be used to drive growth across different buyer segments and different parts of the customer journey from acquisition to revenue.
- Customer Focused - You want to deliver the best experience possible for future and current customers, as helping our customers’ businesses grow is the #1 goal at BigCommerce.
- Problem Solver - You can see hidden problems and probe a variety of sources for answers, able to look beyond the obvious, and can identify and creatively solve complex problems, including matters related to systems and processes.
- Systems Thinker - You are dedicated to providing high-quality services, committed to continuous improvement through empowerment and management by data, willing and able to re-engineer processes from scratch, open to suggestions and experimentation, and efficient and effective work processes.
- Communicator - Excellent written/verbal communication and customer relationship skills are critical both working with people internally and externally.
- Collaborative - You have demonstrated success working cross-functionally in larger organizations, and have the ability to forge strong bonds and work collaboratively with key external and internal partners.
- Composed - You know how to execute consistently in a fast-paced, high pressure, dynamic environment and carry out self-directed responsibilities.
- Personable - You are seen as positive, energetic, and exude a strong sense of teamwork by working effectively, respectfully, and efficiently with all team members.
- Technical Learner - You pick up on technical things quickly, enjoy learning new skills and knowledge, and are adept at staying ahead of the curve on relevant industry, company, product, or technical knowledge.
- Ethical - You believe in our mission, share our values and understand that it’s not just about what you get done, but also how you do it.
Diversity & Inclusion at BigCommerce
We have the opportunity to build not only a great business, but a great company, with soul. Our beliefs and commitment to diversity and inclusion are a central part of achieving that. Our dedication to diversity and inclusion is grounded in two things: a moral belief in the dignity, value, and potential of every individual, and a practical belief that diverse, inclusive teams will create the best outcomes for our customers, partners, employees, and company. We welcome everyone to be a part of our journey.