Paid Social Strategist
Khoros is seeking a paid social strategist to add to our growing strategic services team. From developing paid social strategies, creating complex target audiences and understanding the intersection of pairing ad types with the right objectives to maximize results, the paid social media strategist will play a pivotal role on project teams at Khoros.
The ideal candidate is a mix of account manager, paid expert, analyst, and social media enthusiast who can create and execute best-in-class paid social media campaigns. This role will also lead and develop paid social media playbooks, recommend channel-specific KPIs and other social strategy-centric deliverables, as well as optimize and analyze paid social media campaigns. The successful candidate must be able to think strategically to identify issues that need to be prioritized or resolved, and they will have a clear understanding of best practices for executing paid campaigns across all of the major social channels (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, Pinterest, etc.).
The paid social media strategist will work collaboratively with analysts and social media coordinators to support social programs that meet and exceed our customers' business objectives. This role will report to the Director of Strategy and work closely with the sales and strategic services teams to enable world-class paid social strategy and execution for Khoros customers.
This person will be based out of our Austin or New York office.
- Counsel customers on current trends and innovations in paid social media models and tools.
- Lead a team of social media coordinators, associate strategists and analysts for daily paid campaign management which includes: managing staffing and resourcing for execution, implementing process to ensure flawless execution and error-free reporting, coordinating campaign launches, budget management and optimization, bid management, analytic tracking and reporting, and multivariate testing.
- Manage analysts and provide guidance on the process of collecting, analyzing and interpreting data to generate reports that provide a visual representation of social media campaign performance and insights.
- Pivot campaign performance data in Excel to provide clear and effective communication to internal account teams and customers.
- Collect and analyze information from multiple data sources, ensuring data is reliable, using technical expertise and tools to uncover insights, statistics and trends.
- Responsible for downloading raw data reports that chart customer KPIs and provide insight and analysis as to what the numbers mean for the customer's daily operations as well as long-term strategy.
- Manage junior team members and assist with goal-setting, career development and knowledge share.
- Train and educate internal teams on paid social best practices and latest trends.
- Inform the roadmap of Khoros products that facilitate measuring performance and impact, and be an internal champion for analytics and paid media optimization at Khoros.
- At least 4-6 years experience in media planning, social media, communications, marketing, or advertising.
- Agency or brand experience preferred.
- People management experience preferred.
- Experience with social media ad management platforms, including but not limited to, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, Pinterest and more.
- Experience optimizing or reporting on social media paid advertising campaigns including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Pinterest.
- Demonstrated experience in creating and executing paid media campaigns on behalf of a brand or media company.
- Facebook Blueprint certification preferred.
- Excellent project management skills and are highly organized.
- Work efficiently, are dependable and have an entrepreneurial spirit.
- Ability to rapidly assess, analyze, and resolve complicated issues with little initial information or direction and with varying degrees of ambiguity.
- Moderate travel may be required.