PR Manager at Workrise
As the leading workforce management solution for the skilled trades, Workrise makes it easier for skilled laborers to find work, and for companies to find in-demand workers. Workrise currently operates in wind, solar, construction, oil and gas, and defense industries. We’re growing, and we’d love to learn what you can add to our team!
Workrise is hiring a PR Manager that will be responsible for building awareness of the Workrise brand in key markets across the country. Our ideal candidate for this role is a natural storyteller with proven success building relationships with reporters and business leaders alike.
Why join us? The Brand Team is responsible for making the Workrise brand a household name, establishing us as champions of the skilled workforce and driving long-term revenue growth for the business. We’re a team of strategists and creative thinkers who aren’t afraid to roll up our sleeves to make things happen. We also make it a point to have some fun along the way.
This isn’t just another tech marketing job. It’s a unique opportunity to fundamentally change perceptions of blue collar work and truly empower the people who get hard work done. Not only is this a unique business challenge, eliminating the skilled labor gap is key to solving our nation’s infrastructure woes — and Workrise is leading the charge. Come join us as we put 1 million people to work by 2030.What you’ll be doing:
- Work closely with the overall communications team to support press and thought leadership opportunities across the country
- Build strong relationships with reporters and outlets in key metro areas, helping grow the Workrise brand in local markets through earned media
- Own development of press releases, blog posts, and other opportunity-specific collateral
- Work closely with senior leaders to ensure consistent messaging and alignment across business verticals and local markets
- Partner with internal stakeholder to amplify coverage impact internally and externally
- Measure and report out success of PR campaigns, using learnings to inform future efforts
- Work closely with agency partners to establish goals, measure progress, and drive successful outcomes
- 5+ years of experience in a PR, Journalism, Communications, or similar role.
- Exceptional writing skills and ability to adapt messaging across various formats and audiences
- Ability to build relationships with journalists across various cities and beats to connect the dots between technology and skilled labor
- Experience working with senior leaders to drive alignment on messaging
- Ability to rally internal and external stakeholders to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Highly organized with attention to detail
At Workrise you can feel good about your work and furthering our mission to serve those who do the hard work. We recognize that making an impact matters to you and we believe in providing an environment that fosters that ambition. We welcome you to develop relationships with coworkers by displaying our company values: Own the Mission, Learn and Grow, Solutions Over Ego, and Raise the Bar. In appreciation for your contributions, we support you with various health insurance plan options (including medical, dental, vision), flexible paid time off, and competitive 401k matching.
As a world-class employer, Workrise is committed to providing an environment where any and all people feel welcome, respected, and free to be their authentic selves. We welcome applicants of all gender identities, sexual orientation, educational background, religion, ethnicities, veteran status, and citizenships. We’d love to learn what you can add to our team!
In 2014, we set out to create a better way to get work done in the Oil & Gas industry. The goal — to build the most reliable and cost-effective workforce solution, using technology to make it easier to manage and deploy workers at scale. Over time, we’ve grown to serve construction, wind, solar, and defense.
We’re a Series E startup, backed by industry-leading investors Founders Fund, Bedrock Capital, Andreesen Horowitz, Baillie Gifford. To date, we’ve placed over 26,000 skilled tradespeople with over 500 businesses and are poised to grow exponentially over the coming months and years.
We’d love to share more through the interview process!