If you read the below description and feel this position excites you, but your experience does not add up 100%, we encourage you to still apply and tell us why! We look forward to learning what makes you passionate and purposeful.
Do you want to help solve one of the hardest challenges in one of the biggest industries on the planet? Do you want to tell stories that promote fairness and level the playing field for millions of hard working contractors? Does this sensational language get your blood flowing?
We're looking for a motivated and brilliant communications expert to lead our PR and social media efforts at Levelset. Every day, thousands of construction businesses use our suite products to manage their payment paperwork, improve their cash flow and grow their business. If you are interested in using your public relations and social media mastery to help tell the stories of how Levelset is radically changing one of the worlds largest industries, this job is for you.
Your goal will be to build visibility, credibility and trust through its PR and social efforts and increase it’s position as a thought leader in the world of Construction payments. We're keen to embrace a new PR strategy that features both new (digital) and traditional (offline) channels in our mission to increase brand awareness, and reach new audiences.
As part of this role you'll need to define the strategy that captures, qualifies and builds thought leadership across all tiers of influencers including construction business owners, external experts, the media and the wider construction community. This role will have the backing of a talented, fast growing matrixed product & content team that is constantly generating new product features and interesting content.
If you're the type of person who likes to roll-up your sleeves, and jump right in, then you will have the chance to shape every part of this new and exciting role.Key Responsibilities
- Devise, then execute against a new PR strategy that grows brand awareness, and thought leadership.
- Work closely with our Director of Content, and CMO to define and deliver timely, newsworthy content that secures valuable coverage in priority sites and forums.
- Acquiring links from authoritative and relevant websites to bolster organic search/SEO performance.
- Create effective PR launch plans for wide syndication. This will encompass the seeding of features/launches to help secure positive coverage that keeps Levelset top-of-mind.
- Develop a new influencer strategy that leverages industry influencers - from media and experts, to contractors, and publications. Maintain a close working relationship with our Product Teams and Marketing Managers to help promote new product features, free offerings, industry insights, and relevant stories for the news cycle.
- Handling all inbound cross-promotion inquiries from media outlets, potential partners and journalists.
- Writing press releases to seed out using newswire distribution platforms.
- Getting our PR basics and house in order including the creation of boiler plates and tailored press kits.
- Working with external PR agencies and third party companies as required.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of PR work against objectives, KPI's and industry benchmarks to support the improvement of future work.
- Monthly reporting on coverage and ROI analysis.
- Selecting proactive sponsorships programs that puts us in front of relevant audiences and working to maximise these opportunities.
- Seek out new opportunities that put our executives in front of the right audiences.
- The PR and social strategy has a defied quarterly roadmap that aligned with the goals of the organization
- You have partnered with a leading PR agency to increase the reach and impact of the stories we tell.
- The press releases your write are simple, unexpected, concrete, credible, emotional, stories that resonate with our audience.
- You have created a constant drumbeat of press in the industry earning branded mentions, and backlinks that up domain authority
- You have created reporting mechanisms that give the company insight to the effectiveness of your PR initiatives and insight into what works best.
- You can connect reporters with the right person at Levelset for interviews, quotes and other media opportunities
- We have a bench of excited influencers who love what we are doing and want to share our stories.
- 3+ years in a PR role at a SaaS or tech company. Alternatively you could have an agency background in PR that serves these types of clients.
- Experienced in devising and implementing PR plans, with creative flair and proven results
- You are an exceptional story teller and can make messages stick.
- Effective in building, nurturing and maintaining strong relationships
- Social media native
- Work regularly with credible influencers
- Have an excellent eye for detail and determination for getting results
- Exceptional communication, organizational and prioritization skills
- Has great attention to detail
- Knows what PR tools are required to make a success of the role
- Self-motivated, and comfortable working in a remote position
- You have worked in the construction industry, or for a construction company.
- You have connections to construction industry publications and trade orgs
- You’re familiar with the key tools we use — Slack, Google suite, Asana.
- You’re familiar with Levelset and the construction payment tech space.
- You have an agency background.
Levelset has been named one of the "Best Places to Work" by New Orleans CityBusiness three years in a row for our mission-driven culture and commitment to internal and external growth. Backed by venture funding, we are growing rapidly and looking for new exciting team members to add their unique talents to our mission. We empower contractors to always get what they earn, and our software platform makes lien rights, payment paperwork, and compliance in the construction industry simple and stress-free, so contractors and suppliers can get paid faster, have easier access to capital, and less surprises.
Levelset is venture-backed by Horizons Ventures, S3 Ventures, Altos Ventures, and Brick & Mortar Ventures. Levelset is headquartered in New Orleans, Louisiana, with offices in Austin, Texas, and Cairo, Egypt, and is 200+ employees strong.
- We’re a rapidly growing team working on interesting and worthwhile problems
- With a newly distributed workforce, we make engagement and employee wellness even more of a priority. We want you to love your job!
- We believe professional growth (i.e. building your skills) is essential. Working here provides the opportunity for increased responsibility, continuous learning, and more.
- We have a very welcoming culture that starts at the top with our CEO.
- Nothing is a secret here, we think honesty and transparency create a productive workplace.
- Recognition for hard work and demonstrating our core values is important to us.
- Competitive health benefits, including mental, emotional, and behavioral health benefits and an easy to use Employee Assistance Program.
- Flexible sick & personal leave policy needed for health, family, and parenting during this tough time.
- Open vacation policy without a cap on the number of days-off. We do require employees to take a minimum of 5 days off in a row each year.
- Subsidized International Travel: We subsidize international travel starting at 6 months, and increasing each year
- Equity, per company’s general stock grant plan
- 401k account through Betterment which allows you to seamlessly save money for retirement directly from your paycheck
- Learning and Development Opportunities: In the spirit of our core value to Learn Enough, we offer a book reimbursement program. If you share what you learned from a book with the team, we'll reimburse you for it. We also provide ample room for learning and development opportunities through Coursera online courses, outside speakers, and opportunities to learn skills from your colleagues.
Levelset is committed to providing an environment where any and all people feel welcome, respected, and free to be their authentic selves. We welcome applicants of all gender identities, sexual orientation, educational background, religion, ethnicities, veteran status, and citizenships.