Principal, Solutions Marketing at MongoDB
The database market is massive (the IDC estimates it to be $106B+ by 2024!) and MongoDB is at the head of its disruption. The MongoDB community is transforming industries and empowering developers to build amazing apps that people use every day. We are the leading modern data platform and the first database provider to IPO in over 20 years. Join our team and be at the forefront of innovation and creativity.
The Product Solutions Team at MongoDB is passionate about mapping all that MongoDB has to offer to industry verticals. We want to help customers to understand how their industry can be transformed with the help of MongoDB and help tell the story in the context of their business.
We are looking for passionate technologists to join our Product Solutions Team, to ensure that our growth is grounded and guided by strong technical alignment with our platform and the business drivers and imperatives of our customers.
MongoDB Principals are the most senior team members of the team, communicating the trends and direction of MongoDB’s platform to customers and industry partner communities. Our team is made up of a combination of highly talented software thought leaders with an entrepreneurial attitude. The team responsibilities range from early research into future solutions, collaboration with external partners over generating the necessary templates, to the successful delivery with our client community. You'll work closely with our sales teams and play a key role in supporting deals and driving the business forward. Inaddition, you willl be a trusted advisor to marketing and product, bringing industry and MongoDB expertise to ensure the appropriate mapping of the MongoDB’s capabilities.As an ideal candidate, you have
- 10+ years of software development and architecture experience
- Demonstrated ability with enterprise software solution and proven capabilities to design those solutions
- Experience/comfort to engage in regular conversation in the C-Suite with appropriate communication profiles
- Experience in re-platforming/deploying industrial grade solutions on MongoDB
- Experience with scalable and highly available distributed systems
- Intellectual understanding and the capability to discuss a broad range of data technologies (non linear list: RDBMS, document, key-value, unstructured, noSQL, ISM, XQuery/XML,...)
- Working industry experience in one subject area and the interest to start working in a second one (Energy, Banking, IOT, Government, manufacturing, retail, logistics,...) - understanding the trends and drivers in those industries and being able to communicate the paths to resolutions
- Management experience - preferably with budget and headcount responsibilities - reflecting the background of own experiences while engaging with executives from line of business and C-Suite
- Excellent presentation and communication skills
- The ability to travel up to 50% in normal circumstances and when clients are expressing preference to meet in person again - at this point home office is the default for 100% until September 2021 and any in person interaction is absolutely voluntary
- Experience selling solutions and/or deploying applications with any of the major cloud providers or database vendors
- Experience with database programming and data models
- A MongoDB Certification
- Confidently articulate the business value of MongoDB solutions in webinars, industry “conferences” and various other events - either in person or digital
- Partner with sales to help ensure success in accounts ranging from small startups to large enterprises, structure relationships and build templates to engage with various client communities
- Partner with our marketing team to ensure that each industry ‘story’ is well crafted and can be integrated into marketing campaigns and assets
- Translate technical concepts and patterns into business benefits for senior management and executives as well as enterprise architects and product owners
- Advise the technical teams of MongoDB and clients in designing systems, applications, and infrastructure to help drive projects using MongoDB in their respective industries
- Align to support sales with activities such as technical discovery, demos, proof of value, presentation, sizing, and documentation of technical decision criteria; working across a number of opportunities in parallel
- Act as a liaison, collecting feedback from the field to relay back to the Product Management team
- Demonstrate resilience and good judgment in dealing with business challenges and are able to guide more junior colleagues to a successful resolution pattern
- Proactively seek opportunities to support and mentor other pre-sales team members and share best practices
- The rapidly growing MongoDB product suite, including:
- Core database server
- Atlas (fully managed cloud database service)
- Atlas Data Lake, Atlas Full-Text Search, Realm and Charts
- Other Tools and connectors - Ops/Cloud Manager, Compass, Connector for BI, Connector for Spark
- Market-relevant, complementary technologies e.g. Apache Kafka, Kubernetes
- Modern and popular architecture design patterns, methodologies and concerns e.g. microservices, DevOps, cloud, security
- Sales techniques and related soft skills - presentations, demonstrations, whiteboarding, discovery, objection handling
- Exposure to a wide variety of market verticals and broad spectrum of interesting use cases
To drive the personal growth and business impact of our employees, we’re committed to developing a supportive and enriching culture for everyone. From employee affinity groups, to fertility assistance and a generous parental leave policy, we value our employees’ wellbeing and want to support them along every step of their professional and personal journeys. Learn more about what it’s like to work at MongoDB, and help us make an impact on the world!
MongoDB is committed to providing any necessary accommodations for individuals with disabilities within our application and interview process. To request an accommodation due to a disability, please inform your recruiter.
MongoDB, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.